Ghetto Bump Box

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinehyperlite

Original RCNT Nutswinger
Supporter
Police
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was talking to this dude at my lhs today, (old as rolex) when he was looking around the shop amazed, especially when he heard about the traxxas ez-start, when he looked at me and said, i remember when we used to use A spinning bike tire to start their rigs So, if you ever need to start a buggy, with no bump box, turn a bike upside down, start spinning the rear tire with the pedal's and bump it!

That's a really good idea!

I'm sure if I tried that, I'd lose a finger some how.

does it really work? or didnt anyone here run to their bike and give it a try lol.

That's how they used to start the motors back in the early days of control line racing. Just remember to remove the card from the spokes first.

My kids ditched bikes long ago for roller blades, skateboards ect.... or I guarantee I would have tried it.

:)I remember that...ROFLMFAO!!!

well it sounds like you have the right name getto bump box .but it is worth a try.i hope it works.i have never ran the 2 buggys so i hope they start:D:whhooo:

That's how they used to start the motors back in the early days of control line racing. Just remember to remove the card from the spokes first.

Hell... I remember doing both the card in the spokes and starting my control line plane with the bike wheel:D
Kinda admitting I'm an old git:hehe:

well i still haven't tried it been working to much and working on the fg and it up and running my son had it out last night and he loves it:D

my dad said he used to have a peice of poop car thingy that was a pain in the ass and hed use a bike also!

hey I'm sure it would work in a pinch, as long as its spinning fast enough...

i think i will start trying to get the buggys going ,so i guess i will keep my grandsons bike in the basement so i can try and start it .probably try this weekend calling for rain sat and sunday best time to try .