GH aluminum our RPM

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wacmartin

DAMN TREES
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm slowly going to start upgrading my Bandit VXL, I bought it to bash and give racing a try. I was wondering which I should go with GH our RPM. I'm going to use RPM a arms and shock towers but was thinking aluminum everywhere else. I like that GH has a lifetime warranty and was wondering of RPM does as well. What do you guys think. Also well the aluminum parts really make my car that much heavier.

Don't use anything aluminum if you plan on doing anything other than making a show truck. Aluminum is extremly heavy and very easy to bend/break. RPM is about the best for any upgrade on your truck and IMO I would keep it plastic before I did anything aluminum. A buddy of mine did a bunch of aluminum upgrades on his revo and it is about twice as heavy as my revo that has none.

I 2nd that. My merv has some aluminum knuckles or it and the suck. I will be swapping them out for rpm. When you crash with aluminum it will bend and then it will be very weak. Rpm will flex it takes alot more to break than you will think.

Aluminum has it's place.

On an ST, if there are braces between the rear pod, center chassis, front pod. Will help avoid flex and strengthen the core of the vehicle. Front/rear hing pin holders (if yours already aren't using alloy straps).

Alloy is also good for trans cases/diff cases. Less flex means less gear stripping.

I'm all for RPM everywhere else if you can find it though.

That said, if your a basher, you will probably enjoy the benefits of RPM for things that stick out (arms/towers/axle carriers/turnbuckle ends/bumpers) as flex helps keep you going. Also the benefits of a strong core with a bit more alloy than a racer would use.

Alright, always good advice from you guys here. I've heard a arms and a shock towers dont go aluminum and everything else is fine to go with. I'll take your guys adivice though. Although the aluminum likes nice and shiney, but going RPM saves me alot of money. Thanks guys.

RPM for the win, especially with any Traxxas VXL, high speeds + aluminum=no bueno.

I choose RPM for such a speedy rig

Well that saves me a bunch of money. Thanks guys. I dont get this whole shelf queen thing, why spend so much money just to look at something pretty?

I don't understand it either I run the mess out of my rc's that's what I bought them for. I have seen some pretty bad trucks though that I'm glad they did build a shelf truck. Rolex has a sweet savage that is just incredible and has prob never seen anything but carpet but it's awesome to look at with tons of detail.

Back