Getting the Wife involved

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rndtrp

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I don't know if you any of you guys like to bash or race with your wives or significant other, but I just got my Wife into RC and she loves it. I picked her up something inexpensive just in case she looses interest. I got a 1/10 Smartech buggy for less than $200.00 and hopped it up with a Traxxas header and tuned pipe. This little thing really hauls butt. It would be a great and inexpensive way to get any family member or even a less fortunate neighborhood kid involved in RCing.:banana:

Last edited:
:yes: thats an awsome idea!! I've let my gf drive mine and bash a little but she crashed(pretty hard) and started crying and thought i was all mad at her?? she didnt even break it and she was all sad, some times i realy dont get girls? till she crashed it looked like she was haing fun!!!

I keep an electric AE T2 truck and a bunch of batterys around for dates and kids to play with. My 7 year old daughter likes it, and I hope I can keep her interested at least for a few more years.

I bought my ol lady a nitro touring car,used and very cheap!she loves it!

My wife has an ole RC10CE that she plays around with when the baby will let her but yes she does enjoy it...

to an extent....lol

-Sag

I've given my old electric buggy to my girl and she runs it every so often. She crashed alot in the beginning but was getting pretty good the last few times we ran. Problem with her is that she'll be 120% gung-ho and interested in something then 2-3 months later she could care less.

She hasnt gone to run with me this year yet but we'll see. I can't complain tho.... at least she supports MY RC habit.

I tried getting my wife involved by letting her try and run my NTC3 when my brother and I went out bashing last year. Needless to say she won't try it again.

She was running it around the parking lot and hit some interference and the failsafe kicked in. In a hot second, it rolled and took off for a parked car. It got wedged against the frnt tire of the parked car. Turns out she was holding down the throttle when it kicked in and paniced so she forgot which way was the break. Needless to say, I was yelling at her pretty loud and she started crying becuase she thought she broke my new car.

She wants one for herself so I told her to go buy one and put it together. She won't buy a rtr, she wants to enjoy putting it together and be able to say she did it all by herself.

the fail safe screwed up then cuz no matter where you are holding the throttle when it kicks in it should go to idle.
Maybe you meant to say she had it full throttle when it kicked out of failsafe mode?

Originally posted by sikz3
the fail safe screwed up then cuz no matter where you are holding the throttle when it kicks in it should go to idle.
Maybe you meant to say she had it full throttle when it kicked out of failsafe mode?

That's what I meant. I didn't set the OFNA failsafe to brake when it's engaged so it just kept on rolling as it idled till it picked up signal again. When it kicked out of failsafe mode, my wife's finger had the trigger all the way down, giving it full throttle. It just shifted into second as it hit the parked car's tire.

My wife talks all kinds of sh!t about wanting to get one, but everytime I ask her if shes ready shes like, "Not right now." Oh well, guess that just gives me more money to play with for my ride.

I bought my gf a ntc3, so she could stop complaing about me play with mine . Now she loves to race me up and down the street or the track that we go to. The only problem is when i try to sneak to my lhs she is allready there! I have to do a parking lot sweep before i go in.

I let my wife drive my car once.. She somehow made it up a neighbors lawn and slammed into their front door, hard...

I was laughing, but she seemed worried. I need to get her a car of her own.

My 2 year old son on the other hand is a natural... He wakes up wanting to build and work on my car, and goes to sleep clutching it in his hands... I can't wait till he is a little older and can really get out and race with me.

no offense guys-- i love my wife like the next guy-- but going to the lhs and track to rc with her-- i dont think so-- one of the reasons i got into rc was to get the f@@k out of the house--so for all of you guys trying to get there wife involved-- what the hell are u thinking??

Back