Getting Ready to Race and Bash a new T-maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

I have a T-maxx that I am getting ready to start racing (just club racing, nothing proffesional) I have hopped up the following things so far, Big Bore Shocks, Proline wheels and rubber (40 Series), THS Tuned Pipe, Three point roll cage, Hitech 645 steering servo, JR XS-3 radio/reciever, aluminum bumbers, and a rechargable reciever battery (NiMh). I am going to change out the screw in hinge pins with Titanium ones as soon as the budget alows. Is there anything else that you would recomend changing out before I hit the track? I also plan on basing when I am not racing... of course! Thanks for all the help in advance.

Tom

A nice large fuel filter like the dynamite big daddy filter.

A better air filter, like a motor saver.

Fail safe as mentioned by .21rc10gt, or at the very least a throttle return spring. One or both of these may be required by the track you are going to race at.

And when you break an a arm, and you will, just replace them all with rpm.

I second the recommendation for a fail safe. A runaway can be a major problem, to your car and potentially to other people. Its a good idea to get one on their as soon as possible.

Also the rpm arms are a good idea also once urs break.

What i basically do is upgrade stuff as it breaks. THat way, if i dont really need it, then i dont get it. It saves a little cash. Then you can get the stuff that counts the most.

Back