getting back in the game, questions for ya

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chewyboy

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
OK, i got out of the rc thing a couple years ago and well recently i got pulled back into it and with a t-maxx none the less. anyway so far i've really enjoyed it but have some questions for everyone.

the setup i have so far is a basic t-maxx with an fr-15 motor, nothing fancy or anything.

so what are/should be the essential hopups that i need. it will be primarily offroad, actually i doubt it will ever see pavement unless it's flying over it :)

next, i do a lot of prototyping and have fun toys cnc mill's lathes at my disposal, so i dont have to reverse engineer stuff like skids etc.... are there any sites with either cad drawings of parts or dimensional drawings, or is this looked down upon in this forum?

any other info you guys might want to say would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Share away with the CNC drawings if you have them! I can't see how that would be looked down on. Everyone makes hop-ups these days!

Bulkhead braces, skids, heavy duty chassis, shock towers and a-arms would all be some awesome parts to upgrade if you can mill them yourself! Keep us posted!

IMO the basic upgrades to any maxx should be.......HD skids/CVD's all around(including drive shafts) if you can afford it alum. arms of a good quality/threaded body alum big bore shocks/fr sway bar really helps handling......

Just my opinion...have fun building it!

Welcome to RCNT and welcome back to the hobby. :cheers:

Originally posted by chewyboy
next, i do a lot of prototyping and have fun toys cnc mill's lathes at my disposal

:drool:

Man, some people are so damn lucky. There are so many things I'd like to make if only had fun toys like those.

As far as cad drawings and stuff go, that certainly wouldn't be frowned upon here. I've never seen any cad drawings for RC parts on the web. I think I know where you're going with it. Why buy parts when I can make them? :hehe: must be nice. ;)

Good Luck and be sure to show us anything you come up with. Fabrication is just cool.

-Rob