gensacearespammers, QC Issues or is it just me?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I'm noticing a disturbing trend in my gensacearespammers packs...I have 19 packs all told. 6 of these i bought 2-3 years ago and they are the main ones I use. All 6 of these are awesome and performing well. Most of the other 13 Gens I have either have never been used or only been used less than 6 times. (I have a tendancy to buy lipos, parts, and even kits that take me a year or two to get around to building and using on a regular basis.) Now I cycle and rebalance my lipos once ever 6 months or so when they arent in use (as far as i know this should be fine as even after 6 months they are still between 3.7 and 3.8 V/C) and 9 out of the 13 newer Gens Lipos show signs of puffiness and increases in IR. The IR of a typical brand new Gens is usually only 1 or 2milliohms but some of mine have increased to anywhere from 3 to 11 milliohms. the lower IR ones (around 3-5milliohms) still take a full charge but even after 6 or more full cycles the slight puffiness still remains. The higher IR packs only charge up to 4.15 or so Volts. they are stored indoors in my airconditioned hobbyroom. So either I'm not doing something right in terms of long term care for lipos that arent being used or rarely being used or the newer generations of Gens packs are loosing their quality control. Please feel free to leave me feedback as to which you think it might be.

Yep, same experience here greywolf. I have some older GA packs (3 years +)that are still going strong that I can't tell the difference from a brand new pack. But my newer GA packs (all 3s 2200mah by the way) have all died one by one, high IR, and won't charge fully, one even causing an aircraft crash in the process. I won't be buying anymore GA packs for any of my aircraft in the future, I've had much better luck out of my Turnigy nano techs.

yeah I think i'll probably be switching to either SMC or SPC packs in the future but it really pisses me off cuz I feel like i got screwed on 2/3 of these lipos I've bought in the past year or 2 most of which have never been used except for being cycled a few times.

Yeah, same here, a lot of those picks just sit with a storage charge in them (balanced as well) until good flying weather comes along since it's so windy here all the time. I'm sticking with the Turnigy's until they give me reason not to.

Back