Gen's Ace 2S reads odd on battery monitor.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a Gen's Ace 2S 50C 5000MAH that on a battery monitor reads as a 3S, with one cell showing 1.20V, one showing, 5.42V, and one showing 58.5V. All my other batteries, using the same monitor read right, so, i am assuming that battery is bad, but, i could be wrong. Any thoughts?

Give it a salt water bath outside of the house for a day or so and then it can be disposed of.

Give it a salt water bath outside of the house for a day or so and then it can be disposed of.
I thought maybe it was just because it was cold out (around 18 degrees), but, even after letting it warm up, it had the same readings. As for a salt water bath, given the outside temp the next few days, it will be a block of ice. Its 18 today, and the next few days are supposed to 11, then 7, then 5, and 1 by Tuesday.

I thought maybe it was just because it was cold out (around 18 degrees), but, even after letting it warm up, it had the same readings. As for a salt water bath, given the outside temp the next few days, it will be a block of ice. Its 18 today, and the next few days are supposed to 11, then 7, then 5, and 1 by Tuesday.
The reason for the salt water bath is to neutralize the chemicals in the battery making it safe for disposal and prevent the fire/explosion possibility.