Generic Ink for epson Printer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msly

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey Guys,

I remember someone mentioning to me that one of the Board Members owns a company that deals in Generic InK for Printers.

If that Person gets this could they send me PM. I have a questions for ya! Or is someone knows them could they let him know that I have a question?

Thanks

sLY

Fast Eddy was kind enough to reply with a very detailed PM. He suggested I post it here for others to learn.

From Eddy's PM

Re: Ink
Aftermarket cartridges will never exactly match the color of an original Epson cartridge, I don't care what anyone tells you, they wont.

The chip is reminding you that it isn't an original cartridge and thats all. It has nothing to do with the quality.

For the most-part you will have great success with the Black cartridge and may need to search for a brand of compatible cartridge that you like. You will find a huge difference in price. rule of thumb is that the cheaper ones like anything else will usually not be as good as one that is moderately priced.

I have found 2 brands to be of good quality for the Epson. The first is MMC and the second is G&G. Both came from the same factory and come as choose as you will to the factory ink. They also have great page yield. You will get as many printouts as you will with the factory cartridge.

The prices for the two mentioned brands will be around 13-16 for the black and 15-20 for the color. You may find them cheaper if you look around.

You have the option of adjusting the color balance in the driver to compensate for the aftermarket cartridge. Take your time doing this and just make small changes. Once you have done this always use the same brand of cartridge.

Just a tip on the Epson printers.
Don't run the printer all the way out of ink before replacing the cartridge. This is the same as running your 1:1 car out of fuel. The process of re-priming the fill tubes repeatedly will cause damage to your printer over a period of time.

If you feel the need, look at the newer Canon printers. They have several units that utilizes 4-7 separate print tanks, one for each color that can be replaced separately. The cartridge numbers used are BCI-3 and BCI-6. They are large and can be replaced individually. The quality os aftermarket cartridges is great.

I have been refilling my Lexmark and Cannon Printer BLACK cartritdges for years now. I stick to the INKTEC name brand and have had wonderfull success. I have not refilled or used refurb cartritdges for color at all. As mentioned above the results are never as good as the name brand.

Just as in any industry you will have good products and bad ones. The only issue is how do you know?

Referrals are good. Read articles, and stay away from the lowest priced product.

Refilling is much different than purchasing an after marker or re-manufactured product. People like us can save a lot of money but I wouldn't recommend purchasing a refill kit for grandma. Please do not purchase a UNIVERSAL REFILLING KIT. Not all inks are the same. This is the same as me telling you I have a fuel you can use in any combustion engine. Nuff said.

The alternative ink industry is growing strong and new products are being released daily. In the near future there will be no reason to pay the high price for an OEM cartridge. I just got back from Las Vegas. I attended a trade show specifically dealing with aftermarket, re-manufactured, and refilling of inkjet and laser cartridges. There was over 300 companies displaying their products as compared to under 100 last year and 30 or so the year before that. We have some major fortune 500 companies entering the market and look forward to seeing what they bring to the table.

Snip...

The alternative ink industry is growing strong and new products are being released daily. In the near future there will be no reason to pay the high price for an OEM cartridge. I just got back from Las Vegas. I attended a trade show specifically dealing with aftermarket, re-manufactured, and refilling of inkjet and laser cartridges. There was over 300 companies displaying their products as compared to under 100 last year and 30 or so the year before that. We have some major fortune 500 companies entering the market and look forward to seeing what they bring to the table. [/B]

Hey Eddy whats the current status about Epson suing some after market ink manufactures stating they are breaking the millennium copyright act by using chips in there cartridges??

I believe the case you are talking about is Lexmark.
This will be in court for a long time.
If you are really interested I will dig up a few links for you.

Back