Gearing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevoMatic

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've just fitted my OS 21tm & was wondering what would you guys think would be the best clutch bell & spur gear combo for good fast acceleration but still having decent top speed. I'm currently running on 16 tooth clutch bell & 38 tooth spur gear.

Even a 16/36 should do as well.

I have just put the same engine in, using an ST racing 3 shoe clutch & flywheel (alloy shoes). Mine still has the standard 14/38 gearing & seems to be fine, have only run it in the street so far as its just been getting run in so not tuned properly yet, will do that shortly & go run it on some dirt. The gearing seems fine so far though so probably no real need to change it. Maybe just going to a 15t CB might be better as the engine has more power than the 3.3 so it will still give good pick up & better top speed.

The engine has more power but less rpm. Using the stock gear may actually result in less speed than you had with the 3.3.

I gave mine a bit more of a tune up today & I reckon it would be pretty close in top speed, the 15t CB would sort that out I think. I still have to give my tune a final touch up atm as I've just got it pretty much run in but atm its going pretty well with the standard gearing. A 15t CB might be a good option for a bit more speed & would still give good acceleration.

It also has a lot to do with tire size. Ozziii your truck must be one that came with the bigger tires.

Yeah mine is the latest 5309 model, 6.3 inch tires. I may end up trying a 15t CB to see how it goes, I like good acceleration though so don't want to lose to much of that.

Back