Gasoline leaks from Glowplughole

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommygee

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've got a weird problem with my Cen CT5: when the engine runs, nitro leaks through the sides of the hole, that the glowplug is placed in. It quite alot even i tighten the glowplug.

Another weird thing is that the engine doesn't stop when i hold my fingers on the exhaust.

Just had a bigger crash and had exhaust, gastank and other parts replaced by the shop. And now these things happens....

I am a newbie....

Any clues ?

Sounds like an air leak in the exhaust causing the engine to stay running. Replace the brass washer on the glow plug.

thx man. What's a brass washer ?

There should be a brass washer under neath the glow plug. It's just a...brash washer. All glow plugs come with them.

Oh its the "ring" that comes with the glowplug. Got it.

It's a soft copper, meant to compress and seal tightly. Sort of looks like this one.

4535pic555a.jpg

I don't know your engine, but it could be loose head bolts as well. Try tightening them up and see if they came loose on you.

I did change the glowplug - and it helped on the leaking oil around it. But yeah there's definately an exhaust leak.

All glow plugs come with them.

Not entirely true.

Only standard plugs come with washers.

Turbo plugs don't come with one since they don't require them.

Thanks Robmob. That piece of info will save me from some foot-in-mouth syndrome. I wouldn't believe most lhs guys I deal with.

Back