Futaba question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PWells

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hopefully I can attach a couple of pictures to show what I am working with. It is an older RC truck that my grandson wants me to get running for him. The issue is I do not have a transmitter and do not know what transmitter to look for.
The receiver is Futaba FP-R112JE (AM75). One Servo is FP-S14B.
The truck runs when I hook up the battery, but of course I can not control anything.
Can anyone help me to know what transmitter I need to look for? Used would be my first choice.
Thanks for any replies and sorry I do not know much about what I am talking about.

Attachments

• IMG_4882.JPG
    IMG_4882.JPG
    326 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_4883.JPG
    IMG_4883.JPG
    350.2 KB · Views: 144
  • fullsizeoutput_279.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_279.jpeg
    323 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_4886.JPG
    IMG_4886.JPG
    375 KB · Views: 120
The servos can run on all systems. Just lose the current receiver since it's for an old AM radio. Worthless at any price. Go to ebay and look for Flysky 2.4 Ghz system...Radio AND receiver. Less than $50.

That's a good brand radio system ,I am quite sure ,that it is only a cracked crystal on the rec. or the transmitter ,probably
do to dropping the car or transmitter!
Some times you can fine the crystals on E-bay for a couple bucks ,its best to buy the matching set at the same time!
I for one would still run that set up as they are good ,an shouldn't be an issue now sense every one does 2.4!

The servos can run on all systems. Just lose the current receiver since it's for an old AM radio. Worthless at any price. Go to ebay and look for Flysky 2.4 Ghz system...Radio AND receiver. Less than $50.
Will do, and Thank you very much for the information! Have a good day!

Hopefully I can attach a couple of pictures to show what I am working with. It is an older RC truck that my grandson wants me to get running for him. The issue is I do not have a transmitter and do not know what transmitter to look for.
The receiver is Futaba FP-R112JE (AM75). One Servo is FP-S14B.
The truck runs when I hook up the battery, but of course I can not control anything.
Can anyone help me to know what transmitter I need to look for? Used would be my first choice.
Thanks for any replies and sorry I do not know much about what I am talking about.

That old mechanical speed control reminds me of when I use to run my speed boats in the 90's ,
I only used them for the boats because of the water an the high cell count that I ran ,which was
12 to 14.4 volts running a Graupner 700 turbo flex motor system an a Futaba system!

My land buggies I ran Novak speed controls ,had the $135.00 Novak Super Rooster & modified
twister motor in my Losi jr.2!...:cool:

That old mechanical speed control reminds me of when I use to run my speed boats in the 90's ,
I only used them for the boats because of the water an the high cell count that I ran ,which was
12 to 14.4 volts running a Graupner 700 turbo flex motor system an a Futaba system!

My land buggies I ran Novak speed controls ,had the $135.00 Novak Super Rooster & modified
twister motor in my Losi jr.2!...:cool:

Yeah, I know it is old and as you say outdated. But, for my grandson it will be a start for him. The old truck has good bones and can take pretty good punishment so I felt it would be worthwhile to get it going to see if he wants to move forward or just loses interest quickly.

Yeah, I know it is old and as you say outdated. But, for my grandson it will be a start for him. The old truck has good bones and can take pretty good punishment so I felt it would be worthwhile to get it going to see if he wants to move forward or just loses interest quickly.

You can still find parts for some of those on E-bay ,I just seen a vintage Novak ESC ,it makes my mouth water!
I might start collecting!....:hehe:

Top of the line back in its hay day ,an would probably still kick that coon dog today!....LOL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-No...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

You and your grandson need to be VERY careful around that speed control. I had them in my early Tamiya RC cars back in the 80s.
That resistor gets INTENSELY hot and will blister you in a fraction of a second.

While you are at Hobbyking getting a new radio, you should also add one of their 45a Brushed ESC's to the cart - they are on sale for $7! I have one, it is really a decent ESC. I got mine for my old Losi XXCR, but it now lives in my ESC Torment. Smooth, real brakes, runs cool. For under $10, it can't be beat!

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbyking-x-car-45a-brushed-car-esc.html