Futaba 4PV transmitter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DXtreme1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Anyone else running using a Futaba 4PV transmitter? I wanted to discuss any issues, tips, accessories(especially ones that are not listed as a 4PV accessory but works for it), Reviews and personal experience with it.

As far as accessories that are not listed for the 4PV it seems that any carrying case with the 4PX cutout will work supposedly. I have a JConcepts 4PX bag that it fits perfectly.
I installed Futaba Hook Adaptor. T-Works shiny graphite skin and T-Works screen protector. I use a Futaba orange lanyard to strap around my neck to avoid dropping the controller and it makes it easier should I need to handle my RC with both hands.

IMG_0574.JPG

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0573.JPG

IMG_0577.JPG

@DXtreme1 I don't have the Futaba 4PV but I do have the 4PL and the best "upgrade" I did to it was ditch the AA batteries and go with a LiFe pack. I have both the Killer RC (sold out) and LiFe Source packs. They last much longer than AA and weigh a bit less.

This is on my list of upgrades next. Definitely one I need I was thinking getting the Protek LiFe pack. I'm thinking of getting the Futaba drop down and angle conversion as well. Eventually I want to get the following telemetry modules like temp, rpm(magnetic)and external voltage.

Does anyone know if all Futaba steering wheels are interchangeable? I wanted to get this aluminum replacement one off EBay. I contacted the seller twice and I got no answer back asking if it would fit the unit. I had one on my Sanwa/Airtronics controller and wanted my 4PV to look a little different from stock.

Just as a thought, if the seller won't answer a question BEFORE the purchase, it's a pretty strong indication of customer support down the line.;)

Just as a thought, if the seller won't answer a question BEFORE the purchase, it's a pretty strong indication of customer support down the line.;)
I had the same thoughts hence I have not pulled the trigger yet plus I need the funds to go towards another steering servo for my sons truck.

Send some links for the Life packs for in car and transmitted woody I'm still stuck in the ice ages with using the AA was thinking of buying the AA eneloop batteries what do you think. thanks.

Back