fuel tank fixed--pic!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannarunem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Sunday was a bashfest with beason and some other guys from the area. it was great. I think everyone broke something at some point. I broke several things but had a fix for it...except for my storm chassis at the end of the day:hammer:

The savage took a beating and held up quite well. The major thing that broke on it was the tank.

I was fighting for position on the ramp with a tmaxx. We hit before the ramp and sorta threw my timming off. The truck came down super hard ot its ass causing the top bracket mounting scew to puncture the tank. Fuel was pouring out everywhere. At first i thought it was fuel coming out of the pipe. To fix this i think by turning the screw around to where the head is near the tank might fix the problem...I really dont want a tank guard.

I finally noticed the hole and applied some sealant on it..after about a half an hour the truck was ready to roll. The adhesive held up the rest of the day!

Heres the tank and sealant:

tankhole.gif

This stuff is awesome.

locktite.gif

ANy effects to the fuel? Sounds like a cool quick fix to use when out in the field! Niiiiice!

It worked great!!!!...i didnt notice it having any effect on performance. I sat the truck with the ass in the air so the fuel would be below the hole..globbed it up...and smeared i with my finger.

I was careful to not smash any down in the tank...never leaked again....works like a dream.

yea we broke a few things sunday.. but hey it was fun.. maby next time we will get more on video.. like BJ and his t-maxx.. lol that was great!!

p.s. they didnt "hit befor the ramp" he ran over (and i mean over the top..) the tmaxx then went up the ramp.. that 25 pulled on the 2.5 maxx so hard!! i can't wait till i get my ss!! can't wait till next time wanna.. we had 4 drivers and 6 rides.. next time maby 8 or so drivers and 11 or 12 rides.. if everyone comes..

Last edited:
yeah you only see things like that happen on the internet....LOL

It was hillarious!!!

anyone else in the south east texas area?? baytown, dayton, liberty, let us know we will set up another bashfest..

Back