Fuel problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parry

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey everyone today I was tuning my car when all of a sudden it took off.i have checked the battries and servos and they are fine so I was wondering if it would have to do anything to do with the glow plug

Probably nothing to do with the plug. Did you turn the trim knob by mistake? Maybe if you are using the AM rx/tx it might have glitched. So you had no control at all?

Yea that a possibility and it's a shame because I just got my local hobby shop to put new springs and shoes on

What exactly do you mean by "took off', and what car is it?

Basically just accelerated to full throttle and it's a ansmann terrier trusty with a lrp z.28r xtech and I've never had anny issues with the engine before

Hmm ile have a look but those battery's have done me well and I regulary recharge them?

Depending on how long youve had em they will stop holding a charge after a while. I would have guessed either dead batteries or you picked up interference from something around you which can give your car a mind of its own. Gotta love the 2.4 ghz radios nowadays. It all but eliminates the glitching issues

2.4 radios are nice, but they can still pick up interference from loose metal parts on the chassis. You also have to be careful with the antenna on them.

I would definately look at your tx/rx. If yours is chrystal AM then thats most likely your problem. Chrystals do occasionally go bad. If you have a 2.4 GHZ its still possible that its your problem. Anyways it looks like a good excuse as any to go get a Spektrum DX3E.

I have the spektrum dx3s with the sr3300t rx and so I'm guessing it would be batteries

Ok, nice remote so yeah I would replace the batteries and see how that goes. Also see if any of the housing on any of the servos is broken and you can see a bare wire, that could also be the problem. If not just replace the batteries and most likely it wont happen again.

Good luck

Another thing to look into is a good throttle return spring. That will pull the carb back to idle if you lose RX power.

Back