Fuel Line Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berra85

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am wondering if i somehow managed to glue a 10-15mm peice of fuel line in the stinger of my pipe that it would increase back pressure to the fuel tank, or would this some how decrese performence?

I don't know, I have seen many maxx's that have tubing over the stinger on their pipes....don't know what it does for back pressure or performance. anyone else?

You are actually increasing the volume of your pipe by doing this. I used to have a Stinger (Pipe) on my Maxx and I put a small piece of fuel line on the end to stop it from clogging on those not so perfect landings. I didn't see much, if any change in performance. Give it a try and see for yourself.

Originally posted by FastEddy
What are you trying to Achieve?

I'm trying to see if i can increase back pressure for when the tank gets half empty to see if the engine dont lean out so much.

I don't think this will accomplish what you're after. If anything, it will make it worse since you have now added volume to the pipe ,therefore, you now have more area to pressureize. Maybe if you used a small piece of fuel tubing with a smaller diameter opening then the stinger outlet, you might get more pressure.

This idea has merit but it will not work in the fashion that you hope. The fuel delivery system in the most RCs is a self leaning system. The lower the fuel level, the leaner it tends to run.

You will see a slight improvement in engine performance by the addition of an exhaust deflector, but it is not huge by any means.

If you want to increase the pressure that reaches the fuel tank, try shortening the backpressure line by an inch or so. That will give a slight increase in pressure to the tank, but it will also mean that the engine will run a lilttle richer at the onset (with a full tank) so you will need to lean out your current setting.

What you really need to look into is a fuel pump of some sort. Something that provides steady pressure over the range of fuel levels. Don't ask; I don't know if there are any out there for RCs

Originally posted by berra85

I'm trying to see if i can increase back pressure for when the tank gets half empty to see if the engine dont lean out so much.
More pressure is not better. I notice on my 21 engine with a ton of back pressure all I get is more air bubbles on the tank as it gets lower in fuel.

Sky - they do make pumps for RC's. Perry is probably the best one out there.

El - bubbles in the tank? You need a spritz of armor all or different fuel. Trust me on this one. 90% of fuel bubbles come from vibration, not the pressure line.

I cut whatever length fits best. You dont want it taunt (for fear of folding and not allowing backpressure) and you dont want it sloppily lying around either for the same reason. Just use what you need for a comfortable fit.

A fuel deflector works well for 3 things. 1. Slightly more backpressure 2. Reducing noise 3. Keeping the fuel out from inside your back tire and chassis.

I have used both a GS Deflector and a GS Airfilter elbow - they both have worked well. Just zip tie them TIGHT! And carry a couple spares. Reason for the spares isnt so much for when you lose them, but so when you do lose them, you wont have to retune. These 'extensions' to the exhaust WILL require a slight retune of the mill.

Hope this helps.

Same tank, same fuel lines and same fuel but add a different engine and I get all kinds of bubbles. Change fuel and still bubbles.

A spritz of armor all in the tank?

Spray only 1 spritz of armor all into your 'new' gallon of fuel. This will cause the bubbles to cease. I dont know of armor all causing any harm and even in looking at its chemical composition, find no reason it cannot be used. A LOT of people in this are have used it for a long time and have had no problems ever, including myself.

Get one of those little spray bottles of armor all (looks like a womans hairspray pump bottle) and JUST 1 SPRITZ! No more than that. No more bubbles ;)

Dont spray it in the tank though. That would be too much in my opinion.

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ

Get one of those little spray bottles of armor all (looks like a womans hairspray pump bottle) and JUST 1 SPRITZ! No more than that. No more bubbles ;)

It also keeps your fuel looking shiny and new....oh wait...nevermind

1 pump of the triger to 1 full gallon of fuel.. It works.
Use only the original Armor-All

I never heard of the Armor-All thing. I'm going to try that. I might even do the tires too!! Who says there is no helpful tips on this board!!