Fuel filters...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What fuel filters are you guys running with - you are running them right? ;)

Since I've got my 8port out due to a broken pull start I figured I'd take this time and tidy up and upgrade some parts, such as the new primerless fuel tank, fuel lines, and a new filter. My current fuel filter is a Racers Edge, but thought I'd ask for any better ones.

-Michael

I'm using the Dynamite filters, I like them a lot, never had any problems with them. One thing I do on filters that are two piece with the replaceable screens, I use Racers Choice carb seal on the threads, making sure to get none inside the filter. I have never had an air leak in any of my fuel filters.

any one use the OFNA filter w/ a primmer? when i get my hands on a new tank I'm thinking of pickin up one of these too.

Paintbug,

Do you have a part number for that ofna filter?

-Michael

Originally posted by Paintbug
any one use the OFNA filter w/ a primmer? when i get my hands on a new tank I'm thinking of pickin up one of these too.

I am running the OFNA Primer one with a filter... works great for primerless tanks

Last edited:
Which is a better fuel filter ??Stone filters or Metal Screen filters.Does one filter smaller particles then the other or they both a good choice ?

Not sure myself, I kinda wonder though if the stone filter has a mesh filter on the outlet side incase the stone where to crumble from a hard inpact so you wouldn't have a cloged fuel line or worse have bits of stone filter end up somehow getting thru the carb into the engine..........any feedback or thought on that one guys?? Personally I wouldn't mind getting the ofna stone/primer filter, looks like it's a good one...........

i don't as well.. but the new primerless has a stone filter and the OFNA primer has a metal mesh... i guess double pretection..

i know in actual cars you get better flow with a screen mesh filter. i would assume in RC motors you would get the same effect. the sullivan one looks like the one in my real car :D but I'm going to need a primer. i dont know it will probablly be whatever the LHS has on hand.

The Ofna and the Dynamite are the same filter with different names. I prefer the unit without the primer. Yes the primer is handy but I found that it traps air and can release it ant any given time. I have never had any leaking issue with the primer unit but tossed it for the standard. IMO the rubber is just another thing that can go wrong and cause a headache.

The crap trap is a good unit as well. I have nothing against it but prefer a more permanent heavy duty solution.

I exclusively use the Dynamite, they are cheaper than the Ofna.
Guess what color I like?

13cyberpig3-med.jpg

13done2-med.jpg

I just use good ole Racers Edge large size fuel filters. They look perty and they work great. I also love the Dynamite filters and especially for the price.

Fasteddy - Not to deviate off subject but how much did those shows run ya bro??

Peace

Well I couldn't make up my mind so I purchased one of the Ofna fuel filters with the bulit in primer - I'll use that one when I get the new Savage primerless tank.

Until then I've also purchased two of the Pro Fuel Filter (DYN2006) from Horizon Hobby. Along with those I've also got a new pull start for the 8port as well as a Tsais tuned pipe coming to me, so I should be pretty well set for NYC next week :D

-Michael

Originally posted by WoodiE
Well I couldn't make up my mind so I purchased one of the Ofna fuel filters with the bulit in primer - I'll use that one when I get the new Savage primerless tank.

-Michael
let me know how it good it works since thats the same settup I'm looking to get soon.

Originally posted by FastEddy

Shows?

LMAO...sorry dude. I must have been tired as hell. I meant to say shocks, I ones on your monster Maxx to be exact???

THanks

Another vote for the Sullivan CT-1 filter. I have one in my Savage and Storm.

WoodiE are you just now fixing that broken pull starter from when that happened at the east coast bash? Or did you break it again?

Back