Fuel Boiling in TRX .15

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamLosiNXT

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
In my old nitro sport .15, i have this wierd fuel boiling. When I drive it and I roll it and it stalls out. When I try to restart it it will come on for a sec then cut out. I was tuning it today and went a little too rich and when I let off the throttle it stalled. When I tried to restart it wouldnt. When I tired to prime it, I heard the fuel boiling and the fuel was backing out of the the line. If I let it cool down a bit I can get it to restart and its fine. Any ideas?

How close to the engine is your fuel line? If it is too close to hot parts fuel line....and fuel can soak up the heat and you then can have you boiling fuel problem. This can be solved two ways. Re-route you fuel feed line as far away from a heat source or get some of the Traxxas fuel line heat shielding...or do both. That I would hope would fix 'er

The line does go around the head but it does have the Traxxas heat shrink already on it. Ill try to move the line or get a longer one so it doesn't go so close to the head.

Sounds to me like you are too lean on your carb settings. My .15 ran hot all the time and would do the same thing occasionally if I tried too skip tuning for weather changes.

my rustler had this same problem, you DO NOT want to let the fuel ever boil, that motor gets short runs unless it runs rich, what you need to do #1 is get a different air filter, something with alot of breathing, then get top fuel and run that, it is a rip off what traxxas does is make their motors to run off of top fuel RUN IT or something with high oil content

RUN
rich
high oil fuel
get a better airfilter for better breathing

and dont try to run alot, you need to let the motor cool, and get a nice rich tune out of it

Traxxas mills do not need to be run with Traxxas fuel. They recommend it but its not necessary. I do agree with the fuel filter. It is not the best filter since it doe not allow very much air as other filters do.

Check your fuel to make sure its correct and fresh. Make sure you have no air leaks. Air leaks can exist in torn or cracked fuel lines , fuel tank may be damaged, Exhaust gaskets torn and then your leaks on the engine. Those are normally at the carb and backplate. Using High Temp RTV Silicone can prevent leaks. I suspect though your needles need to be tuned.

I finally had a chance to work on the NS and I put longer lines so it isnt so close to the head and got some heat wrap and now it seems to be fine. I have a new air and a fuel filter comming for it. I retuned it a bit and when I cut it off the fuel doesn't boil. Thanks for advice.