FS Racing from E-Bay

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have what I think is a stupid question but hope someone out there can help me. I have a 1:10 Nitro hammer truck (FS Racing, whatever etc...).

I have the engine tuned correctly (idle and Air/Fuel) but when I apply the brake the engine shuts off. If I turn up the idle to correct the problem when the trucks in neutral the tires are spinning and fly’s off when I put it down. If the idle is in the correct position it stalls.

Would this be a clutch issue? Is it not disengaging? Would it be the 2-speed gear clutch or the clutch in the clutch bell?

Help!

I found a #518030 from Sven99neo for $6.99:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220243277682

Insanity carnival -- there are 3 carb adjustments. First one is high speed mixture, second is idle, third is low speed mixture. In the book it has some guidance about adjusting the low speed mixture. The way it works is you gun it, then drop it to idle & observe the motor.

1. Idle stays high for 5-6 seconds, then drops to normal idle, then shuts off (low speed mixture too rich, tighten in)
2. Idle drops to normal than rises (low speed mixture too lean, loosen out)
Adjust bottom end so that engine idles smooth for at least 30 seconds. Upon applying throttle the engine should emit a good amount of smoke. After applying full throttle and returning to neutral, engine should return to normal idle in 1-3 seconds.

If it just dies and is not too rich or lean maybe try changing the glow plug, I understand nitro motors can eat a couple glow plugs while it is breaking in, the type needed is short, cold. Another thing about glow plugs: if you have one without an idle bar I guess they can allow the motor to die from idling. I found a good link about glow plugs here:
http://www.fubarhill.com/GLOW.htm

Last edited:
1/8 gio truggy

I
This all goes back to do I spend $500-$900 on a RC truck? My son got this one from Ebay for $128.00. Add an additional $100 in parts since then and he's got a good machine that he is enjoying. He is only 9 BTW. They are built in China and I highly recommend that if anyone was to buy one, strip it down and put it back together carefully. Most of the problems we have had is with poor assembly. It might say RTR but it isn't.

The last problem was a C-Clip fell off and ended up chewing up the Bevel gear. Loosing a clip can happen to anyone.

Would I recommend this to anyone?

Depends on their intended use. Just for bashing around it is fine. For racing....nope. That is not what this truck is meant for.
I just purchase a the hummer waiting for shipment wanted to know how to get parts

anyone know how to get parts or where to order from

the spacer looking pieces are spacers for the shocks to compress the springs

1/8 hummer

i have had a fs racing 1/8 hummer for a little over a year and let me tell you i know more about this thing than i would like to. i bought it originally to get into the sport but i really wish i would have bought a good used like a t-maxx or aftershock or savage......etc. needless to say i wouldn't recommend this to any one and one of the main reasons is trying to find parts. at one point www.hiroda.ca used to carry many parts for the 1/8 hummer put now..... not so much mostly they just have 1/10 fs racing parts but they still have some 1/8 parts. what i usually end up doing to going to ebay and writing Sven99neo and asking if they could get certain things......but they charge alot for shipping to the U.S. interesting side note, Sven99neo used to be Allstarsalez0 until they started getting alot of negative feedback for selling bad products so they just changed their name and started over. if there is anything you would like to know about this truck i will be happy to answer

Quick Question, whats wrong with GWS Electronics ?

I've had one of their Fail Safe Units ( This Failsafe ) on my nitro buggy for over three years. It's always stopped the buggy in its tracks when it's needed to thru lack of signal, interferance or low battery. The soldering is AOK too. Also, my buggy "aint no slouch", it gets out of its own way in a hurry

Maybe the servo's in these vehicles on ebay were what we brits call "Seconds" or sometyimes "Rejects" ???

I bought the 4WD truck(1/8) style monster truck. I have had troubles with the radio , spur gears and engine. it spun out the spur gears very fast. The online store that sold it to me sells spur gears for $25 !!! crazy !! The radio freaks out and sticks the throttle wide open also. Luckily that the 2 times it has happened, the truck was on the test bench.I didnt recieve any instructions on tuning the carb either...... I'm new to this and extremly green to ti all. Can anyone help me please?

I got parts from "alstarsalez" on ebay or "parnus global" try those.

this sounds like the same one i bought...waste of money and time ,,,first 30 seconds sheard the gear, gas tank leaks like a sive,,,yes they sent the replacement part yes it is on now but the tank still leaks,,,and now i can't find it on the website,they have changed the site and quite possibly stopped production,,,the manual says it has an 18cxp engine but the box says it a 20 ...really frustrated wanting to sell it,,,,trying to find parts that fit from hpi or traxxas....this is a very poor company to deal with "GIOVANNI BIKES" your products suck

i have had a fs racing 1/8 hummer for a little over a year and let me tell you i know more about this thing than i would like to. i bought it originally to get into the sport but i really wish i would have bought a good used like a t-maxx or aftershock or savage......etc. needless to say i wouldn't recommend this to any one and one of the main reasons is trying to find parts. at one point www.hiroda.ca used to carry many parts for the 1/8 hummer put now..... not so much mostly they just have 1/10 fs racing parts but they still have some 1/8 parts. what i usually end up doing to going to ebay and writing Sven99neo and asking if they could get certain things......but they charge alot for shipping to the U.S. interesting side note, Sven99neo used to be Allstarsalez0 until they started getting alot of negative feedback for selling bad products so they just changed their name and started over. if there is anything you would like to know about this truck i will be happy to answer

this must be the hummer from giovanni bikes, i am not impressed either,

Also...in the bag that the manual came in ther ae about 12 horseshoe shape plastic parts of varying thickness. What are these for?

Those are shock absorber "preloads". They are for changing the ride height.

I picked up one of these trucks the other day for $25.00. It needs some parts but I know where to get them. But what I am looking for is a manual for it. Anyone know where I can get one?

Thankx.

Sadly I know what you went through. I bought the same piece of crap from the same seller, Sven99neo. It never ran right. I ended up spending more money on parts then what I paid for it. I owned it for about 3 months now and ran it for about a hour. I ended up selling it. I actually thought the same thing.... You are better off buying a good looking 2nd hand savage or something that has got readily available parts. The parts for this odd ball truggy , if you can get a hold of then, as expensive....... No one wants to duplicate then to sell them cheaper because this is the only mechine that runs them. Don't buy this. I paid around $165 CND and spent $200 in upgrades and broken parts. I don't know. You can get a good RC Truck for $365. A new one in fact. A new HPI 1/8 Savage X 4.6 RTR A2 at TOWER HOBBIES cost $339 with the $100 off coupon code. YES it is Nitro.
Good Luck Guys.

I picked up one of these trucks the other day for $25.00. It needs some parts but I know where to get them. But what I am looking for is a manual for it. Anyone know where I can get one?

Thankx.

If you are asking for the manual for the 1/8th scale HummerII ( which is actually called "Hammer II") according to the box and decal on the truck, then I have it.

manual

Hey emsley. I got your I'm awhile ago. I wrote you back to get your email addy. I can send you that manual if you still need it.
:)

Looking for better parts

I bought the 1:8 scale hummer last year from svenno and broke it in and after about a week it sheered the bevel gears front and back, and the brakes havent worked since the begining. he sent me all new parts but they are crap. The bevel gears are poorly machined and i had to sand them to get them to fit. i am afraid i will shear them again.

SO i am trying to find bevel gears off of another truck that will last but i have had no luck CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

I have the 1/8 fs racing monster truck from ebay and it a nice truck but why do the drive gears keep stripping iv tried to shim it but nothing is happing iv gone through 6 sets of gears HELP :angry:

I bought the 1:8 scale hummer last year from svenno and broke it in and after about a week it sheered the bevel gears front and back, and the brakes havent worked since the begining. he sent me all new parts but they are crap. The bevel gears are poorly machined and i had to sand them to get them to fit. i am afraid i will shear them again.

SO i am trying to find bevel gears off of another truck that will last but i have had no luck CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

Same as me i bought the 1/8 monster truck from the sam guy and all i have is nothing but problems grrrrrr
iv gone through 6 sets of gears and they've all striped don't now what to do ether ?????:angry::angry:

Last edited:
I just bought the 1/10 hummer and a jug of nitro from the hobby shop.
I spent a couple hours loctiting all the screws, and adding 2 extra screws on the engine mount.

I filled up the fuel and started it for the first time, the wheels were spinning at a crazy speed, but it wasn't full throtle. I let it run for the full tank and then let it cool before the second tank, and plan to fix the idle.

Now the rip cord is broken, I pull it and it doesn't go back in, I loosened the screws on it and had to tap it to make it retract.

Anyways its completely broken now, and I didnt even get a second tank in it.
And the rip cord is not available as a replacement part. Only the entire engine is, for $80!

Piece of garbage. Dont buy it.

Last edited:
thats completly terrible. I might be in the same boat though. I purchased an eextremly rare fs 1/10 2wd atv. I think may have found a supplier direct from the china factory there are slow to respond though. My bevel gears broke inside the differential, I can't find it in the parts diagram or list so I have a feeling I'll have to purchase the whole rear axle and if so it might not even be worth it. You guys can try there fs website in Zhejiang China http://www.fs-racingart.com/index01.php maybe you might have better luck

Hello. New to RC, had my little truck since Father's Day this year and have ben having a blast. Have already replaced one set of central gears (four more sets on order for back-up) and just had a big hit tonight that knocked the front right wheel off of the u-joint. Ordered the replacements from Svennos (a little pricey but they ship fast) and a set of upgraded metal parts from Hiroda. Question: has anyone had any experience with the upgraded parts?

Found a very good source for fs parts ebay seller called vivahobby there store name is rchobbydepot

Back