FS Racing from E-Bay

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fs 4x4

hello........ i have a question for cancruiser, i read above that you found some parts suppliers in california for these fs racing rc cars and i was wondering if you remember who they were.......i just got my car, i am new to this, i am concerned about the amount of damage that i am going to do to it and would like to stock up on parts......... i was thinking about getting others parts from traxxas and see if they would fit, i do enjoy making things fit it is a past time for me, althought i would like to get the original parts thanks for listening.........

How is everything going with the vehicle cancruiser? Was just curious because I have seen quite a few of those around lately. They must be selling alot of them.

I bought the 4WD truck(1/8) style monster truck. I have had troubles with the radio , spur gears and engine. it spun out the spur gears very fast. The online store that sold it to me sells spur gears for $25 !!! crazy !! The radio freaks out and sticks the throttle wide open also. Luckily that the 2 times it has happened, the truck was on the test bench.I didnt recieve any instructions on tuning the carb either...... I'm new to this and extremly green to ti all. Can anyone help me please?

I got parts from "alstarsalez" on ebay or "parnus global" try those.

I bought the 4WD truck(1/8) style monster truck. I have had troubles with the radio , spur gears and engine. it spun out the spur gears very fast. The online store that sold it to me sells spur gears for $25 !!! crazy !! The radio freaks out and sticks the throttle wide open also. Luckily that the 2 times it has happened, the truck was on the test bench.I didnt recieve any instructions on tuning the carb either...... I'm new to this and extremly green to ti all. Can anyone help me please?

I got parts from "alstarsalez" on ebay or "parnus global" try those.

did you read the first page of this thread. this guy has some great info dealing spicifaccly with your problims including your fly away problem.. as well as photos af how he fixed the spur gear problem.. this link is were he found good prices.. its on page one as well..
http://www.hiroda.ca/home.aspx

radio repairs

Can you please post the radio fix proceedure? Id love to see some pics of the general area where the short was located and what you did to fix it. I have the same problem but I have no Idea how to fix it.:surrender

GIO Racing Team from eBay

I just got one of the 1/10 scale hummer trucks, I tell you as a newbie there are a lot of grins so far. BTW mine is a 2-spd .15 engine, claimed speed 65mph, "allstarsalez" off ebay. Mine has the orange hummer body too, new name is "GIO Racing Team" but I noticed on the eBay picture it said "FS Racing Team" which is how I found this thread. For $98 its not a bad deal at all!
I spent the morning going through the 5 tanks of fuel, no serious problems so far (but just idling it along for now). Lots of oil on the mounting base, it must have come from the shocks so I will correct that straight away. Lots of oil dribbling out the muffler too, I probably need to lean it out a ways. Started to have problems getting started for the first high speed run on tank 6, luckily I found all this info. I'll get the motor mount fixed before it gets a chance to shift and grind. A friend of a neighbor came out and showed off his 1/8 scale .18 motor race machine, we were all duly impressed!
Question, does the radio system take standard crystals? We were both at 27MHz and channel 6 so I grabbed a seat and watched the show! :second_place:

I found another source for GT-4 parts: the fun store (Ontario).

http://www.thefunstore.ca/online_store/en/our_products/parts/c320641/c323319/index.html

Selection & prices as of May 2008:

03003 03003 Hex Screws USD $3.30/CAD $3.50
11004 11004 differential case USD $2.79/CAD $3.10
11005 11005 gear box set USD $4.52/CAD $5.02
11006 11006 connecting cup USD $2.22/CAD $2.47
11008 11008 42T/47T gear set USD $9.09/CAD $9.47
11011 11011 2-speed clutch set USD $15.66/CAD $17.40
11014 11014 brake cam set USD $3.20/CAD $3.56
11032 11032 front lower suspension arm set USD $4.52/CAD $5.02
11039 11039 central shaft set USD $4.02/CAD $4.47
11046 11046 suspension arm screw 49/54mm USD $4.93/CAD $5.47
11068 11068 clutch set USD $8.61/CAD $9.02
13001 13001 steering rod connecting set USD $6.64/CAD $7.38
13006 13006 front upper suspension set USD $5.00/CAD $5.56
13007 13007 front lower suspension set USD $7.46/CAD $8.29
13019 13019 R/C Truck Body - Hammer USD $39.50/CAD $39.71
13021 13021 14/19t Clutch Gear USD $13.20/CAD $13.68
82005 82005 Roller Bearings F5 * F10 (6 pcc) USD $17.21/CAD $17.95
11047 suspension arm shaft 22/33/35 mm USD $4.93/CAD $5.47

Allstarsalez0 seems to have vanished off eBay, in his place is Sven99neo. It looks like what happened is that Allstarsalez0 went below 95% satisfaction so they abandoned the account & started the new one, but it's still global parnus trading co.
http://stores.ebay.ca/SVENNEOS-STORE_RC_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ20806831QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Incidentally I asked Hiroda about those "NCVD" universal joints #13013, apparently they have an uprated version:

Upgraded NVCD set is Part#513028 for $23.89
http://www.hiroda.ca/productdetails.aspx?id=60513028

Last edited:
Question: when you guys mention using a piece of paper to set position the gears, what do you mean? I know you don't want too little or too much lash between those gears, but how do you use a piece of paper to set the lash?

Last edited:
i would check your fuel pressure. you may have a pressure problem feed the fuel in to the carb

Question: when you guys mention using a piece of paper to set position the gears, what do you mean? I know you don't want too little or too much lash between those gears, but how do you use a piece of paper to set the lash?

Regards..

You cut a thin strip of paper the width of a spur gear. Then you run the paper through the gears. if it comes out with teeth marks in it but not ripped then you're good. What I do is I put the paper in, then push the engine on. Then tighten up the engine screws and check the paper. if it has teeth marks in it but doesn't rip the paper, then you're good. But make sure the teeth marks are consistent. I mean the same on both sides and the same from the begining to the end of the marks. That should give you a perfect gear mesh.

bevel gear #518030

Hi everyone!

Did someone know where i can find the following part number : 518030
This is the bevel gear kit for the FS 1/8 scale Hummer like the one on the pic...

Thanks in advance!
John

Last edited:
HI I am VERY VERY New To the Nitro RC Scene and I just Bought a 1/10 Ebay Truck and should be here any day now and, i was reading your post about the Bad serovs and was wondering in you know if i could change out the whole radio system and replace it with a Futaba ATTACK T 2ER 2 Channel.

FUTJ4768.
Frequency: 75.550 Mhz.
Brand: Futaba
Model: 2ER-AM
Includes:
TX T2ER
RX R122JE
SX S3003 (2x)

Following are 2 exerpts of on-line articles:

and would it be a good or bad idea?

Last edited:
Absolutely. Most of us upgrade the receivers to our higher end radios as soon as we get a new truck.
You might want to get just the radio and receiver (ask here for advice and cost) and then buy better servos separately.

Absolutely. Most of us upgrade the receivers to our higher end radios as soon as we get a new truck.
You might want to get just the radio and receiver (ask here for advice and cost) and then buy better servos separately.

ok this kit The Futaba ATTACK 2ER the guy wants 45.00 and i can pick it up tomorrow would it be a good idea
And Does anyone know how fast the 1/10 Ebay truck Can go? i was told 60+

Last edited:
Don't be in a hurry and end up with something you'll want to upgrade again. All the stock radios do what they have to do. Upgrading the steering servo is a must.
You might also want to consider a 3 channel if you get another truck later on that has reverse.
Having a computer radio allows you to really refine your adjustments. That should be the first thing you look for.

EDIT: Don't do it. I just checked, and it's a stick radio, not wheel. I also saw one for $42. It's also AM. You'd be better off with stock.

Last edited:
Don't be in a hurry and end up with something you'll want to upgrade again. All the stock radios do what they have to do. Upgrading the steering servo is a must.
You might also want to consider a 3 channel if you get another truck later on that has reverse.
Having a computer radio allows you to really refine your adjustments. That should be the first thing you look for.

EDIT: Don't do it. I just checked, and it's a stick radio, not wheel. I also saw one for $42. It's also AM. You'd be better off with stock.
OK great thanks alot ill email him back and tell him never mind for the remote
So Do you think the truck is worth saveing and when i emailed the seller i was told full control forward left right and REVERSE so i understand you right no reverse

Change throttle servo first!

I have the exact same truck. YOU MUST CHANGE the throttle servo immediately. Myself and other owners all have had the same problem where the truck just goes wide open throttle on its own! Tt will go through spur gears faster than it will burn fuel. The truck CAN NOT go 60 mph either. i was very dissapointed with it. I just kinda put it on the back shelf. I have DnA 1/10 nitro truck now and a Warhead Evo. Both are perfect. The DnA is the cheaper one but very good for the price with absolutely no problems and it is rather quick too. The warhead is awsome too but its alot bigger. I Use both of those now. Dont get me wrong, the FS truck is ok, but I hope you dont mind working on it. I think it just needs alot of upgrades. I use it for 1/2 hour and worked on it for 2.:)

OK great thanks for the info I sold the ebay truck the day it got here for 200.00 and bought myself a Tmaxxx 2.5R can't wait to get it on friday hope it was a better trade