Frsky S6r problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planemad

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi. I wonder if anyone has some suggestions. I'm putting together a complex project.1st time RC. It's a foiling sailing catamaran. About 10kg+ I think. It's close to testing. Using about 11 channels. About 8 pwm. I've updated qx7s flashed XJT, receivers. D16 Telemetry on s6r, 9-16 telemetry off on xr8.

I got it all set up. It was awesome. Stabilisation looks great!! I Really need the stabilisation in pitch & rudder for stability I feel. Was running out of switches but managed to get CH 10 on switch SF (2 pole) which gave me off/stabilisation and rudder. Alg. and self check on CH12 on switch SC. toggled it got the blue light everything great!!

Shut everything down, and came back again, and now nothing works😢 receivers still bind but the only servo movement I can get is throttle in CH3. The tx still shows correct output monitoring. No stabilisation. No self check.?? So only 1 servo. That's all I can get now. Re flashed everything. Re buillt the model on tx. Thank you for any help.

Hi. I wonder if anyone has some suggestions. I'm putting together a complex project.1st time RC. It's a foiling sailing catamaran. About 10kg+ I think. It's close to testing. Using about 11 channels. About 8 pwm. I've updated qx7s flashed XJT, receivers. D16 Telemetry on s6r, 9-16 telemetry off on xr8.

I got it all set up. It was awesome. Stabilisation looks great!! I Really need the stabilisation in pitch & rudder for stability I feel. Was running out of switches but managed to get CH 10 on switch SF (2 pole) which gave me off/stabilisation and rudder. Alg. and self check on CH12 on switch SC. toggled it got the blue light everything great!!

Shut everything down, and came back again, and now nothing works😢 receivers still bind but the only servo movement I can get is throttle in CH3. The tx still shows correct output monitoring. No stabilisation. No self check.?? So only 1 servo. That's all I can get now. Re flashed everything. Re buillt the model on tx. Thank you for any help.
What is the torque rating on the servos you are using and how many servos are plugged in to the receiver? If you're using 11 channels on a 6 channel RX you may have drawn to much current through it and damaged it? Not sure how you're running 11 channels on a 6 channel radio unless you hacked the firmware but even then youd have to be using a bigger receiver. I'm a little unclear as to what you have going on.

What is the torque rating on the servos you are using and how many servos are plugged in to the receiver? If you're using 11 channels on a 6 channel RX you may have drawn to much current through it and damaged it? Not sure how you're running 11 channels on a 6 channel radio unless you hacked the firmware but even then youd have to be using a bigger receiver. I'm a little unclear as to what you have going on.
Hi. Thanx. And it was just a test I did with mini servos. I only had 4 mini servos on the s6r. But yeah. Maybe it's fried

Hi. Thanx. And it was just a test I did with mini servos. I only had 4 mini servos on the s6r. But yeah. Maybe it's fried
If they were just 4 mini servos then it shouldnt be fried. Unless its just a defective RX? The RX is the only thing I can think of though that would cause all of the servo to stop functioning at the same time. Its a sail boat so theres no ESC. All it is, is just a receiver 4 mini servos and a battery right? If it isnt the RX then I'm baffled.

If they were just 4 mini servos then it shouldnt be fried. Unless its just a defective RX? The RX is the only thing I can think of though that would cause all of the servo to stop functioning at the same time. Its a sail boat so theres no ESC. All it is, is just a receiver 4 mini servos and a battery right? If it isnt the RX then I'm baffled.
Hi. Actually it has twin 1800kv motors, props and esc's to help get it up on the foils. They weren't in the equation and I'll plug them into the xr8 hopefully. If I swap out the s6r with the xr8, all channels are working. The s68 is binded, tx says the is telemetry. Output monitors show outputs are functioning. So the s6r has lost all it's functions incl stabilisation. Though can still execute lua and calibrating scripts. So Telemetry is working. But no channels except ch3. Dam
Yep. Just battery, ubec, & 1 servo, trying different channels. 😥
It's a catamaran. 1300mm. Rotating mast, 4 X canting foils, pitch stabilisation on rudder and centre board foils . Directional stability in rudder. Yeah. Was pretty exciting to see the stabilisation. Though I was just holding the Rx lol. Be awesome if it works. & We're in lockdown there. Just wanna sail away
I mean lockdown here

Last edited:
Hi. Actually it has twin 1800kv motors, props and esc's to help get it up on the foils. They weren't in the equation and I'll plug them into the xr8 hopefully. If I swap out the s6r with the xr8, all channels are working. The s68 is binded, tx says the is telemetry. Output monitors show outputs are functioning. So the s6r has lost all it's functions incl stabilisation. Though can still execute lua and calibrating scripts. So Telemetry is working. But no channels except ch3. Dam
It's a catamaran. 1300mm. Rotating mast, 4 X canting foils, pitch stabilisation on rudder and centre board foils . Directional stability in rudder. Yeah. Was pretty exciting to see the stabilisation. Though I was just holding the Rx lol. Be awesome if it works. & We're in lockdown there. Just wanna sail away
I mean lockdown here
Sorry I dont know much about boats. When you said it was a sailing ship I though you meant it was a big sailboat. I'm not sure Id be much help to ya but Id love to see pictures of that thing :)

Thanks heaps! Heaps to give you a headache!!

Attachments

• IMG20210904132349.jpg
    IMG20210904132349.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 57
Lol..I might put fuses on all my servos. Stuff you read aye lol. Just want to get it working. It's a prototype for a much much much bigger 1😄

Back