Frozen doorlock! Suggestion?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyJeep

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I never experienced this before until today. Mainly my girlfriend drive my jeep recently due to snow, and the jeep has remote control to open the door so it doesn't matter it is frozen or not.

This morning I went out to my girlfriend's car, and the dang doorlock is frozen. I tried driver side and passenger side, guess what? Both sides were frozen.

I was thinking to use WD40, but I did not because WD40 is water based and it will only make it worst.

Any suggestion guys? By the way, I park my cars at parking lot in front of my apartment, so using hair dryer might not be a option.

In an emergency, when you don't have access to extension cords and a hairdryer, heat the key with a cigarette lighter and put it in. You might have to do it a couple of times, but it will get you in.
Go to an automotive supply. I don't remember what it's called, but there's a small can, kind of like butane, with a tip that goes into the keyhole. Spray it in there. One good blast should prevent the lock from freezing for the rest of the winter.
Keep a can in the house, and another at work. Don't do what I did. When I needed it, it was in the console.

That absolutely works, but it refreezes REAL quick. You have to be carefull doing it that way. Sort of like the tongue frozen to the flagpole. Not a pleasant site in the mall parking lot.

Thanks Rolex, I will check it out at Murray's tomorrow.

And FastEddy, That is a bad idea unless you have a plastic bag handy to open the door after that. :ahh:

:rolleyes: How am I going to get in the car and drive to Murray's tomorrow? I am pretty sure it is frozen again right now.

Last edited:
They make some product that you can squirt in the lock (forget the name) we used to keep it around when we had that problem.

Cup your hand around the lock and blow on it for a few minn. Don't let your lips touch the door/lock as it could stick. The stuff other have talked about is the best thing to do but like Rolex my can was in the car every time I wanted it.

That's it, I am going through with my key warmer invention!

if you stroke it softly while talking to it real nasty like and make it hot you can usually just slip right in.....

I love you guys..............LMAO!

I noticed that post was 2 mins after 4:20.....any reason for the laughing?????

and being from Humboldt county no less

OOOPs that's 4:20 my time
hehe
I guess we all know where my minds at

Ok this is sooo cliche it's not funny but I have to let you hear it.

I have three kids.. My girl is 8, my youngest boy is ten, and my oldest is 13

You know how the rumors go around about the kid who stuck his tongue to the sign, there all over the place...

Well My kids leave for the bus stop, and about the time I expect to hear the bus, my daughter jess comes running in the house. Jess is hysterical, she can't talk she's blubbery and the tears are all over her face.

She says "Dylan stuck his tongue to the stop sign, and hes even bleeding" I jus6t started laughing, so we get dressed and walk down thinking it's no big deal. As we round the corner, there's this lady huddled around the stop sign trying to keep my boy warm.

He's holding back, but the tears are rolling down his face. He didn't just stick the tip of his tongue, he was trying to prove a point, tongues don't stick to metal. Well he gave the galvanized pole a big long lick, and the entire top of his tongue is frozen solid to the pole. What's worse is that he's been there for 7-10 minutes.

I seriously busted out laughing so hard his tongue's hanging out, and he sounds like hes got a sock in his mouth "Huup dud, huup mee, me thung ish shtuck too da poe" then i noticed it was serious.

The lady says, I tyred to pull it off, but it looked like it was going to rip in half. Not knowing wether to laugh, cry or justr fall over I went to the closest house to go get a cup of warm water, by the time I am back, he had ripped his tongue off the pole.

OMFG! He left some tongue on the pole lol.. Anyways Now we know that not only is the urban legend true, but it is propagated by naysayers, and little kids who set out to prove it wrong lol...

He's ten now, and everytime you mention it he blushes ducks his head, and says "Yeah that was me grrph"

HumboldtBlazer said:
That's it, I am going through with my key warmer invention!
Sorry Bro but they already made that. Its a gimmick but it looks like it may work. Its a key warmer, a sort of glove that covers the key handle and it warms it up. They also have one that is like a rod that you insert and gets super hot to melt all the ice or loosen the key hole.

Found it one of my wifes Girl magazines.

I thought by now everyone knew you didn't stick your tongue to frozen metal. Now, if only I could learn to stop licking the coils on the stove.

It happened again this morning when I was in hurry to enroll for classes. Oh, I am going back to school again ! :) Is it too old? LOL

Ok. Back to the dang key hole frozen thingy. What I did (no the choices) is blast with some brake cleaner and it works. Hope this will help the others. And piss on it will make it worst ! Do not try that. LMAO.

Back