Front diff.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justamattd

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Will loosening the front diff give me better turning? I'm pushing bad worse than bad on the throttle ... If so how? Ntc3 I've got different tire hardness es I'm familiar with how those affect handling , but how can I get this diff to help me in the corner?

A lighter weight diff oil will loosen the diff action.

Do you have a center diff in your rig? If not I strongly suggest getting one if possible. It will make it handle like a whole new monster

Do you have a center diff in your rig? If not I strongly suggest getting one if possible. It will make it handle like a whole new monster

i second this i did a mod on my tomahawk ST to build a working centre diff and it made is feel like a new car with the improved handling

or you could go with a lighter diff grease/oil

I thought there was a way to adjust it.

Adjustments are made by using different weight oils but without a center diff. You are limited in making a big improvement. It really helps...that much.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

K so what parts do I need and what all are we talking.. I'm not familiar with anything different than what I have... so what is the difference and how do I make it

Well first off what rig.do you have?

Mine is an older associated NTC3 with .12 stock

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Mine isn't solid.. which is better?

Ohhh that's a 4wd touring car, that's a whole other beast. Well IF you have a proper setup solid diffs can make that car amazing and I know u can get a solid front diff for it. However running solid diffs requires you to run cone shaped tires (foam) to compensate for the lack of diff slip in corners.

I know a few guys who run this setup and they shave their tires manually but I'll tell ya what they RIP around the track like no other.

I guess the question is how you want to set it up and do u want to trim your tires. I don't know if u can buy tires already coned, but I don't do on road so I'm not sure.

If ya want to run rubber tires use a slip diff. If you want maximum performance go solid and coned foam tires.

This is just stuff I know from a few very experienced on road guys I know so I hope it helps.

well I run foams already unless I just messing around burning up a rubber set... but my foams usually cone on their own after a bit if I set a couple ° on the camber and all... will a solid front help stop some of the push I get? I'm totally down to put a solid in and... set up I guess I want it fast and tight.. I'm getting more use to the speed of it (quite a bit faster than my old associated gt3 ) .... so anyway how do I shave foams?... well I guess id need to acquire a solid diff first I have foams...

---------- Post added at 1:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:35 AM ----------

id post a pic but I haven't figured out how yet

---------- Post added at 1:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:40 AM ----------

id post a pic but I haven't figured out how.

According to my buddies yes all solids is an improvement, but again this isn't coming from me but I've seen what their cars can do and its impressive. As for the shaving I have no idea I never asked him. Considering how perfectly balanced they'd need to be he probably uses some sort of lathe and wheel balancer so its not exactly practical but they are hardcore into it.

I imagine it sure would tighten up the front but again, ya really can't run rubbers with solids as it would shred your drive train eventually. The diffs slip is needed in turns on rubber tires.

I'd do some Googling on it and wait for some on-road guys to answer here. I can also try to get a hold of them and ask them too plus I'll most likely see them in 2 days at my track so I'll try and get some more tips. These guys are the ones to ask lol. They travel the country racing so yeah I always listen carefully to them when they talk lol.

looks like the solid diff for ntc3 works in front and rear ...

Oh nice...makes life easier. doesn't look like anyone else is gonna answer lol

Forgot if I mentioned, if they are sealed diffs using different weight fluid affects it as well. All that info is detailed in that link I posted days ago...

Back