Frickin lid I just finished...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Slow start to 2011, but I just finished up this Pro-Line Silverado. The flame is a tribal flame with red true fire painted in to the flame. The top half is black, bottom is pearl silver, and the bed is done in a carbon fiber look.

joeybod2.gif

misc2043.gif

misc2076.gif

misc2054.gif

Nice job Joe, looks great.

That's HOT Joe! I think the camera is killing th pearl silver. Unfortunately it looks grey on my Droid X.

That's HOT Joe! I think the camera is killing th pearl silver. Unfortunately it looks grey on my Droid X.

Thanks guys. But yeah, the camera definitely takes away from the silver. I took about 50 pics and just couldn't get the pearl silver to really show well in the pics.

very nice!! I'm actually debating on doing something similar on my 1:1 truck. the colors would be reversed though. like a gunmetal or pewter on top and satin black on bottom. no flames though, i would do something else to split it up. like a tribal pinstripe or something.

Camera's never do justice to a painted body. That's gotta look frickin awesome in sunlight! :yes:

So now we're: SNG=4,Lessen=1,NCNitro=1 :D

Lookin good, not a fan of flames on rigs but for sure lookin sood, can't wait to see her mounted up

Camera's never do justice to a painted body. That's gotta look frickin awesome in sunlight! :yes:

So now we're: SNG=4,Lessen=1,NCNitro=1 :D

That's ok... my next one is worth 5 anyways. :)

But seriously.. that's a really nice lookin body Joe. I do like it a lot.

Yeah I dig it for sure! Can't wait to get it mounted up to the Savage. I liked the idea of the colors split up like that.....to I gave Joe a basic idea and a bit of artistic license and bam! Now slap on my Team RCNT sticker and it is going to be bad ass! So I now need to get the Savage finished....lol

Thanks guys! Glad you like it Joey, now I just need you to pm me your addy so I can get it off to you bud.

Thanks guys. But yeah, the camera definitely takes away from the silver. I took about 50 pics and just couldn't get the pearl silver to really show well in the pics.

that's what photoshop is for!

That is a seriously sexy body! I'm pretty jealous... I have a question about these though. When you get the unpainted body, do you have to drill the holes for the clips, or is it already drilled. and if it is already drilled, is there a common set distance apart that the body mounts are?

When the lid is still clear you line the body up exactly where it needs to be. It has to be trimmed before you do that.
Then you can mark the top side with a magic marker as to where the posts will go, or you can drill and fit the lid before you paint.

Back