Fox raptor body on 4x4 slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jpslash667

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Hey everyone, so I took the fox raptor body that comes on the 2wd and put on my 4x4, now I got the bumper for it, and got the adapter pieces from RPM.

Now my issue is, once I get it all screwed together, the bumper sits up way to high and the body won't go on in the front. I've tried a lot of methods but can't find that happy medium, it's just sitting on the truck with the front bumper mount currently since I unscrewed it from the bottom of the chassis. That's the only way I can get it to sit correctly. Has anyone else done this and could give me some ideas?

Thanks!!

Resized_Resized_20211204_144553.jpeg

Id toss a few solutions at you but.will only give you this 1 this is what a dremel tools and a few bits can solve(do you have enough room o put a slot in added bumper foe body to slide down in it to make body mounts work?),,,I've made custom body posts for a few not made to fix this chassis but wanted it o there anyway..

Hey everyone, so I took the fox raptor body that comes on the 2wd and put on my 4x4, now I got the bumper for it, and got the adapter pieces from RPM.

Now my issue is, once I get it all screwed together, the bumper sits up way to high and the body won't go on in the front. I've tried a lot of methods but can't find that happy medium, it's just sitting on the truck with the front bumper mount currently since I unscrewed it from the bottom of the chassis. That's the only way I can get it to sit correctly. Has anyone else done this and could give me some ideas?

Thanks!!
Longer body mounts, trim the top inner edge of the bumper so the body sits behind it, extend the bumper out past the chassis a bit more, trim the very bottom of the body. Any one of those should fix it. Which one you choose all depends on what it would actually look like when it is done, and what your preference is.

Yup, I'm with TNT on this one. Not sure there's any other good solution.

Thanks!!

View attachment 138724
Welcome to the RCT mad house. So question have you tried switching the body mounting post around? Take the ones from the rear and install then in the front. And vice-versa with front to rear? The rears might give you a little bit more hight to the front ones will...

I did, I actually figured something out this evening, modified the rpm bumper adaptor made new screw holes in it and boom, perfect!!

I did, I actually figured something out this evening, modified the rpm bumper adaptor made new screw holes in it and boom, perfect!!
Sometimes just got to step back and look at it. And then give it a go in different ways. It will eventually work out. Glad you got it bud. Nicely done sir👍👍

Longer body mounts, trim the top inner edge of the bumper so the body sits behind it, extend the bumper out past the chassis a bit more, trim the very bottom of the body. Any one of those should fix it. Which one you choose all depends on what it would actually look like when it is done, and what your preference is.
Yeah, I did the same thing. I got the ProLine extended body mounts and did a little trimming. I had the Raptor body sitting on a shelf after doing a different build, and they look great on the 4x4.

Back