Found my old nitro stampede

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chase

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I have a few questions, I just found my nitro stampede in a box at my parents house, if I remember right I got itwhen I was 13 or 14, so its about 13 years old or so, I want to get back into RC, so I'm tossing around the idea of getting this old girl running again, so my first question is are there still parts available for such an old model, and I was also wondering if I could put a larger engine in it, maybe a Trx 2.5 or 3.3
And is it really worth putting money into an RC this old? Cuz I also have my eye on the slayer pro which looks like a blast to drive! Thanks in advanced for any help!

I can't say that all parts are interchangeable but I'm pretty sure that the 2.5 should bolt right up. For an even better option I would recommend an OS .18. Has way more power than that 2.5 and imho would be a better quality engine. If you do stay with traxxas you could trade in that .15 towards that 2.5 which will keep your costs down. I know a guy that installed a 3.3 in a stampede and said it was too much to control. Good luck with whatever you go with and welcome back to the hobby.

RPM RC Products selling a number of parts for the Nitro Stampede which would greatly bulletproof it for you and I'm sure there are plenty of other companies that still have stuff of the nitro stampede.

As for upgrading the engine, I've heard of people using a Rustler 1.5 to 2.5 conversion kit on their Stampede with no issues. I've also heard that the Traxxas 3.3 is a direct drop in. Though you'll still need a pipe, linkage, etc (similar to what the Rustler kit comes with).