f'n duratrax clutch bearings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slothy

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well one race day + 1 practice = hosed duratrax clutch bearings.. - note to self never buy them again - ill stick to oem mugens.. :angry:

bearing.jpg
]

Last edited:
Dang them things are messed up!!!!!!! How did that happen?

I hate durtrash, I saw a poor guy at the track the hobby shop had dubbed into buying 3 duratrax cars, he took his buggy out to the track and, well it wasn't preety, the track destroyed him and his buggy and sent him packing very disappointing to see this company make such crappy products and shove them out on the newcomers to this hobby.

Thats like today at my LHS this man came in wanting a 2wd stadium, The first thing recommended was a duratrax, then a traxxxes, this was a little better, but when I spoke up friendly recommended something like a RC10GT or the losi, I got the stinky eye from the store worker, Its really a shame the way things go down in some LHS.

Hey guys I have the nitro evader bx and I love it. I only backyard bash, but I have broke a few parts and duratrax replaced all three of them no charge. I will keep you updated as I haven't had it too long, but I think their quality is going up with the newer models.

Ya but when your at the track and you break something there duratrash can't replace it right then and there. So its not very good at the track. You want something good and not breaking parts all of the time and wasting time fixing them and you can be out driving and having fun.

Originally posted by Ajeauxdn

Thats like today at my LHS this man came in wanting a 2wd stadium, The first thing recommended was a duratrax, then a traxxxes, this was a little better, but when I spoke up friendly recommended something like a RC10GT or the losi, I got the stinky eye from the store worker, Its really a shame the way things go down in some LHS.

I have had that same thing happen to me. I have to keep my opinion to myself if the hobbyshop owner is backing them. I alo wonder why they back the "junk", they must get it for dirt cheap and there is a bigger markup. Every hobby shop I have been to does this to an extent probably like 6-7 total.

And as for those brands mentioned I would never buy anythinh from them except Duratraxx makes a darn good reamer! I got duped into my T-maxx, and there is barely a Traxxas part left, you really have to look to find them. Nothing but top quality for me now, I have learned my lesson. Take your time and spend a little more up front and you usually dont end up spending a small fortune because you saved a couple hundred up front.:radio: :dancin:

Last edited:
Back