Flooded feeling but not flooded

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez830

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My pull start broke so I took it out and fixed it and everything. But then I tested it to make sure it was working and I realized the engine was flooded which was weird cause I drained everything and the fuel line was unplugged. So I did all the things to un-flood an engine and after half an hour of doing that it still has that flooded feeling. When I take the glow plug out its perfectly fine so I don't think that I messed something up with the pull start. The motors an LRP Z.28R Spec 3. I have no idea what to do know so any help would be very appreciated.

did you take your plug out, and let the fuel run out? If so is your motor hydrolocked?

Yes I took out the glow plug, put it upside down and pulled the pull start tons of times to get all the fuel out. Then I put it back in and pulled the pull start and it was still really hard to pull. Everything was fine a couple hours ago. I don't think that the motor would be hyrdrolocked. I'll let it sit for now and I'll try again later.

when you go back out, grab a hair dryer, and warm it up alittle then try starten it.
Other then that, I really have no idea.

Okay thanks, my basement is pretty cold so it could be something to do with that.

Okay thanks, my basement is pretty cold so it could be something to do with that.

Lol you run yours in your basement?! lucky.
Yeah try the hairdryer,
Also if that doesn't work, take out the plug and push the truck and see if the piston's moving normally.

haha no no, I keep my truck in my basement work shop, and when I was testing the pull start it was in my basement, I wasn't actually trying to start it, I was just testing the pull start. But the piston does move freely cause when the plugs out it the piston moves perfectly fine
I'll try the hairdryer and see what happens
Thanks

haha no no, I keep my truck in my basement work shop, and when I was testing the pull start it was in my basement, I wasn't actually trying to start it, I was just testing the pull start. But the piston does move freely cause when the plugs out it the piston moves perfectly fine
I'll try the hairdryer and see what happens
Thanks

So.. You were testing the pull start, But werent acutally tryen to start it, Is your ignitor charged? Or even pluged in? it may sound stupid, but its a possablity, I've done it before.

No, I had nothing plugged in. Like I said, I was just testing the pull start when I realized it was flooded, then I tried to un-flood it and I couldn't. I was thinking maybe if I put the glow igniter in it would clear up. But I'll try all that tomorrow, I have to get ready for school.
Thanks for the help!

Yep no problem, just tommorrow, plug in the ignitor and start it.

Your going to flood it every time if you just yank the cord without the ignitor in.
The fuel doesn't burn it just sits there.
Try it with the plug lit, it will start.

Is your igniter fully charged?

are you sure that there even fuel reaching the engine?

Doyou have a temp gun? if so, whats the temp of the engine before you start it?

:\

I never was trying to start it, I just noticed that it was flooded when I was testing the pull start after fixing it, and noticed it was flooded even though the fuel line was un plugged and most the fuel was out of the engine. All I did after that was take the glow plug out and turn it upside down and pulled the pull start to get the rest of the fuel out. It's fairly cold (57F) in my basement so that could do something. Hopefully I'll get around to starting it.
I just found it weird that it wouldn't unflood even after I drained all the fuel from the engine. But I was never actually trying to start the engine.
Thanks for the help.

Bradz_09, I know that it will flood lol, but my problem was that it was flooded with the line unplugged and still continued to be flooded after doing all the stuff to de flood an engine. But I will try all that and see what happens

I had a simular problem with one the kids cars (tryed to turn engine over with plug in and it wouldnt then tried without and it would )turned out to be bent stretched conrod allowing piston to travel to far up bore changed rod and piston and run fine hope this helps .i hope for you its not this andy

I don't think anything is wrong with the piston cause before I fixed the pull start it worked fine, and after it was flooded. I think I got it unflooded though, put a glow plug igniter on it and it didn't start but it got easier after a bit.
Thanks for the help guys

Bradz_09, I know that it will flood lol, but my problem was that it was flooded with the line unplugged and still continued to be flooded after doing all the stuff to de flood an engine. But I will try all that and see what happens

Prehaps it was flooded worse than what you thought??

lol I guess, oh well it's going now.