Fixing on/off switch on a Redcat RC-MT10E

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

optbob

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Any suggestions on replacing power switch on a Redcat RC-MT10E?

Yes, describe the problem you are having with it.

We can guess all we want but if its a built in on/off in esc near impossible .if its the 1 wf showed its a lot easier task..show switch and get so better info.

Yes, describe the problem you are having with it.
when you slide the switch nothing happens. The switch no longer has a “click” sound when you slide it in either direction. It’s as if the external sliding switch no longer moves anything inside of it. I was thinking of bypassing it and just use the battery plugs to turn it off an on then I remembered the switch box area is also used in calibration.

You might contact them here , the pics from Redcat didn't show much and they just might replace the esc.

When I looked up the ESC for it, it shows one with the external switch. You can actually take those apart I believe. Never had to do it, but it has screws in the switch cover, so maybe it is serviceable. If not, you can just grab a new switch and splice it in.

When I looked up the ESC for it, it shows one with the external switch. You can actually take those apart I believe. Never had to do it, but it has screws in the switch cover, so maybe it is serviceable. If not, you can just grab a new switch and splice it in.
It is a 3 wire switch hard wired to the ESC. I contacted Redcat and they did say it would be a covered warranty repair with a new ESC. Thanks to everyone that helped.

Back