Fishing Thread 2022

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe all you sissies and your rods and reels, until you go noodling for great whites your just a bunch of posers!

Shark Week GIF
I think I'd rather reach into a wood chipper to be honest 😉

I'm gonna stay a wuss and stick to my rod and reel. I ain't sticking any of my body parts into some unknown hole 😳

After playing with my new gas chainsaw today to processed a couple of large downed trees, I practiced my baitcasting some more. This is progressing a lot faster than I had figured. I'm hitting my targets about 80% of the time, and still no backlash! I even practice casting while sitting on the lawn, to emulate casting from a kayak. That also went very well.
Left handed carrying still feels awkward, but I now will be able to cast from either side of the kayak. This will be a great advantage, not having to reposition the kayak.

I always wondered how many people stick their fingers in those holes looking for catfish and come out with a few missing fingers due to snapping turtles.🤔:eek:
There are guys that pull turtles out of holes too. They feel under the shell, trying to find the tail. Freakin madmen I tell ya.

I'm confused why the hell would anybody want to.
I'll stick with Crappie, they don't have teeth....:p
I don't know why anyone would want to noodle anything. But obviously it was an idiot that came up with it. I mean, they call it noodling for F's sake.

I've been an avid fisherman since the 70's, my father owned a tackle shop for about 9 years. I live right near the Monocacy, Potomac, and Shenandoah rivers, among many other tributaries, and at work one of the Monocacy's larger tributaries flows right through, so I do a lot of fishing on my lunch break.

My favorite is smallmouth bass. Love wet wading in the summertime, and I also have a 14ft jet boat that my ex-father in law gave to me some years back that I use a few times a year too (need to use it more, frankly).

I make many of my own crankbaits, and catch a lot of fish on them. Here's one from 2020 that was on a Monocacy tributary, using a crawfish bait I made.
119033655_10219215585563923_6911002132692930443_o.jpg

This is an rc forum, but like many members here, I have other interests/hobbies. One of my other long time interest is fishing. I know others here are into fishing as well. So, let's share fish and fish related stories.
@Tunedpipe @HPIguy @WideOpen

Spring is quickly descending upon southern NH, so I'm getting that kayak fishing itch. While at Walmart yesterday, I came across an Abu Garcia baitcasting combo. It looked too cool to pass up at only $50!
I've only had a very short experience with baitcasting once, during my teen years. Spinning gear is just so much more advantageous from shore and in thick foliage areas. However, from a kayak/boat, the game is changed.
I'll now have to start learning to be a proficient left hand caster. Did a bit of practice yesterday in the backyard and it went well. Best part is, I didn't create any dreaded birdnests 😀
View attachment 144435View attachment 144436
Teach a man to fish.........

This is sounds like a Monty Python skit 😀
Catfish after removing an arm - "Now swim away and leave me alone".

Noodler - "tis but a scratch".

Catfish - "A scratch? Your arm's in my belly!"

Noodler - "No it isn't".

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back