First time poster with a common question.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codysampier

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I've looked around on a few forums and just couldnt find what i was looking for so here we go. I have the slayer pro. if you wondering why i post this in the revo section its because they have the same chassis. i want to go big block. I've come to the conclusion i need the new era big block kit but those are near impossible to find. All the posts I've read though are pretty old so i thought maybe we could get a new one going. Maybe you guys can answer my questions which would help others instead of trying to read posts from 2010 that are about discontinued parts
thanks in advance
What are some good big block choices as of right now?
Any new mounts that work with pull start or roto start?
I've heard that this motor with the revo mount is a better ofna mount that can be used with a pull start
http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/product_info.php?products_id=14699

thats about all i got for now. That is the motor i am looking to get. I've heard its a mid block is this true? i dont even care if it is i know it will be better than the 3.3. i just want to make sure i dont have to use a bump start. thanks for all your help.

Here is a link for a big block mount .http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRAXXAS-REV...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item462ee81b45. That being said I have a revo and I have the LRP.28 on mine and it's a beast! Everyone has there own preference for engines but IMHO for everyday bashing and for the cost LRP or picco is the best bang for your buck. The LRP holds a great tune and is a really strong engine. Also I wouldn't go much more on the revo or slayer than a .28 or .30. You will need to change your Transmission gears out to metal and do a forward only conversion. Also it's not a bad idea to put a center diff in. Without the center diff you can't keep the front end down.Hope this helps.

i placed a bid on it. wish i could just buy it haha. oh well. This will be my first ebay purchase. Ill check out that motor. what clutch set up do you use?

There are more on there that you can Buy it now. Ebay and amazon will become your best friend with owning a model rc. Just the stock three shoe setup nothing special.

I used a Picco .26 Maxx and had no problems except keeping the front end down without the FOC/Center Diff conversion. I also added the rear brake kit to help it stop as well as it went.