First time internet car shopping

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My wifes Jeep has given us trouble from the start so we decided to try and get rid of it. With it only being 9 months old I knew I would take a beating on it but it has to go! We found the car we wanted but a new 2014 was a stretch for us because of the $$ were losing in the process so I hit the internet looking for a 2013. I found the car with everything we wanted, negotiated the price and the price for our trade all while sitting on my butt! While I was feeling adventurous I did a wide search and ended up saving 3 g's on the car and getting 2.5 g's more for my trade. I'll have to drive four hours to pick it up but the hassle free shopping and good price was well worth it.

Any of you go all out on buying a car on the interweeb?

I do it very often. Sounds like it went great for you! Congrats!

Last 5 cars we have purchased were through the internet. It's the only way I will buy a new car now.

What a tease, whats the new car?

I agree Rob, it's the only way I will car shop from now on!

Lloyd I won't pick up the car until Tuesday but it's a BMW 328i black on black.

Congrats Pete! Thats awesome! You gotta post pics of it, black on black is the only way to own a bmw.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about buying a new vehicle. What I really want is a brand new suv. I need all the interior room. My ranger just doesn't cut it anymore. I just can't believe how out of control the car prices are now. 35 k for an SUV?? I guess it's the "if they want it, they will pay it" idea. However, for 35 K... I don't want it. Haha

Any of you go all out on buying a car on the interweeb?

Not unless you count Craigslist.

I can't afford a new car. And I don't mean I can't afford to buy one, I mean I can't afford the depreciation. Not when a 20+ year old vehicle does everything I need it to do, with cheap parts to boot. My 1990 Jeep I picked up 3 years ago has cost me less (including purchase) than what a person would spend on insurance alone to drive a new car for a year.

Wife's van is 10 years old, too. And that's not gonna change unless she starts taking better care of vehicles. No way in Hades I'd get her a nice, new vehicle just so she can fill it with trash and let week-old coffee spill on the floor. She likes to play bumper cars, too. Yup, she can keep driving that for awhile. I'll keep it mechanically sound and safe for her and the kiddos, but if she wants new and pretty, that'll be up to her.

I agree with the used car sentiment. I paid cash for my little car about a year ago and feel that I came out ahead even if the car falls apart.

In Houston picking up the new ride. It was so easy having done everything before I got here!

The car is a blast to drive and that little 2.0L 4 banger is a mean mofo!

DSC00858_zps8d4cba05.jpg

DSC00855_zpsd7181135.jpg

DSC00857_zpsa99cc0d4.jpg

DSC00860_zps9315e8b4.jpg

DSC00859_zpsc9185839.jpg

photo_zpsdb4111fe.jpg

DSC00862_zpse6bf7351.jpg

Sharp looking ride. Just make sure to keep some honey buns in the car in case you run into Alpine while riding around...

Wow man thats an awesome ride. Congrats once again.

Gonna leave it stock? Some rims "might" be in order if she were mine.

Those wheels and tires are under warranty for 6yrs/100,000 miles, can't replace those! The only plan for it is to tint the windows.

Back