First tank after break-in

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mypoorbrain

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This is after the very first tank after I finished the break-in on the truck... Snow plow had just come by so there was tons of fun! I know the electronics aren't protected in these shots (balloons and gaskets now, waterproof servos to come), but at least I had the fail safe on there, best $30 ever spent.
I've have close to half a gallon through it now but it's been too cold lately to run. I've managed to snap the rear bumper and my wheelie bars are somehow split in two now... and I couldn't be happier.
Got a deal on four proline beadlocks on ebay, now just gotta figure out what tires to run now... Proline Mashers any good? or the Moab?

One last thing... I'm still on the original glow plug that the truck came with and it looks great, truck runs beautifully... Is that abnormal? My first truck must have ate 5 or 6 plugs in half a gallon and it still ran like crap...

Attachments

• IMG_1508.jpg
    IMG_1508.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1507.jpg
    IMG_1507.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1506.jpg
    IMG_1506.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
in two years i've used 2 plugs. it has everything to do with your tune.

It also has to do with how clean the engine was from the factory. Machining debri will collect on the GP. I always toss the break-in plug after a couple tanks. Cheap insurance.

my car still is not broken in. it started fine and now my glow plug igniter is broken

I'm with scrogg. I'd ditch it and get a new just in case of the break-in deposits on it.

Spurs and glowplugs last as long as you treat them right. However, I've had glowplugs pop on me for no reason at all after a gallon. Some last many gallons. I've had spurs last years as well!

I have had OS plugs that did not work out of the package!

Back