finally its here!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenman242

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so I went to my lhs this morning and finally got my savage octane ,wow.
this thing is huge , I can't wait to start this bad boy just need to wait till the weekend its killing me....
one thing I have noticed is that there some updates to the original release ,little things like plug gap and needle settings and my muffler and exhaust are chrome finish as apposed to the original being black.
either way it looks great now I just have to charge everything and go get some petrol..

can't wait to see it. :D

Good luck with the break in. I keep looking at them, but I dunno if I have the patience to go thru 20+ tanks for break in. But for those that do, it sounds like a fun truck.

haha ill get some up shortly . I have been told by the hpi rep in Australia that they have fixed most if not all the bugs so fingers crossed
20140806_054431_zpswvm7tlj7.jpg
20140806_054447_zpsnpdbqloe.jpg
FB_IMG_1407232233300_zpskllrfhkn.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, Looks Good :D

I've read a lot on these. Seems that the main bug was the spark plug gap being wrong from the factory and the manual had the wrong spec as well...or something along those lines. On the Official HPI website, they have posted some update video's since released and goes over the problems and how to solve them.

there is an addenda that came with it ,they have changed a few things ,like you say the plug gap is now a bit smaller and I think they have changed the carb or some of the features of it also the clutch is different.
I really hope the weather clears ,is just started raining this morning ,I got fuel last night ,$2.80 for 2 litres and that covered the supplied oil , I bought a litre of 2 stroke oil from my lhs ,$31 a litre but according to my calculations I should get over 10-12 litres of 2 stroke fuel.

@chickenman242 I can't wait for you to break this thing in and share your thoughts. BTW, I think that truck would look better with the Proline Trenchers on them. :D

Last edited:
^^ +10 definitely trenchers ^^

Or Trencher Xs.

its funny you guys say that i have a set of trencher x's mounted on desperados i am going to put on it ,i really dont like the stockers,way to much sidewall flex.

its funny you guys say that i have a set of trencher x's mounted on desperados i am going to put on it ,i really dont like the stockers,way to much sidewall flex.

I like the x's for sure...totally agree with those stockers being the way they are, that's why bnib sets go for 30$ on the bay

i have a few sets i'd like to try ,40 series bow ties are sitting next to the trenchers.
i can't wait to get this thing started but at the moment its looking like saturday at the earlest ,stupid work always gets in my way.....

20140810_123028_zpsyizvnl6c.jpg

it's a bit dirty, I got 2 tanks through it which was just under an hour of runtime. She ran flawlessly , primed it startedwith 2 pulls and idled like a champ by time I got to the second tank it was starting to pull little wheelies but hasn't hit 3rd gear yet but you can tell the power is coming.
Loud is a bit of an understatement, compared to my revo and the savage my mate brought along you would.need a big area to run these things in.
The only small.issue ihad was one of the rear upper hinge pins came out while driving but Ii popped that back in and all is well.
time to go clean this dirty girls:D

Last edited:
In all of my two strokes, I love using TruFuel 50:1. No ethanol so less wear plus it's 92 octane.

my lhs sold me this stuff called 3w ,has anyone used it before these guys all swear by it for their gassers.
I would also like to add in my running yesterday that these terra pins are crap!! why would hpi put these things on here .also I can see myself upgrading the servos as soon as I have the funds...

Back