Finally got my some Lipo!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyfats420

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Unboxing my new battery and charger for my 4x4 slash!

Can’t wait to use it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 85
one thing you do need to know on that charger, is it will only charge Traxxas brand batteries with the battery ID Capability. think the batteries with the ID system can only be charged by traxxas chargers with the battery ID as well. really dont like how they did that personally. imo should not have been exclusive.

one thing you do need to know on that charger, is it will only charge Traxxas brand batteries with the battery ID Capability. think the batteries with the ID system can only be charged by traxxas chargers with the battery ID as well. really dont like how they did that personally. imo should not have been exclusive.
It can charge normal packs too, just need to have a traxxas plug on them. There's a balance port on the front of the charger.

When I started, I had the ez peak dual id charger and I used it with SMC 2S 9000mah lipo's. My issue with it was it would only put out 4A per port, which took forever to charge a 9000mah pack. Well... seemed like forever.

I’ve heard good and bad about the charger. It does have a separate balancer port for the older batteries. All you need is the Traxxas adaptor. It seems like a good deal. My local hobby shop had a 25% off sale so I got both for 75.

It can charge normal packs too, just need to have a traxxas plug on them. There's a balance port on the front of the charger.

When I started, I had the ez peak dual id charger and I used it with SMC 2S 9000mah lipo's. My issue with it was it would only put out 4A per port, which took forever to charge a 9000mah pack. Well... seemed like forever.
ahh, must have misheard that it didnt work, with that it would, just would only slower charge. must have been early on soon after release, when i was told about it by one of the local hobby shops, at the time there were no adapters to them yet. glad someone is making them!
one of these days i need to make the jump to LiPo for my electrics.

I’ve heard good and bad about the charger. It does have a separate balancer port for the older batteries. All you need is the Traxxas adaptor. It seems like a good deal. My local hobby shop had a 25% off sale so I got both for 75.
Didn't need an adapter. unless you want to charge ID packs on a non ID charger.

It was ok. Idiot proof, which is what I wanted for my first lipo charger. Doesn't tell you anything useful though. The newer/more expensive one that links to an app on your phone gives you info. I think they have a dual one now that puts out 13A per port. They kind of had to do something when they started putting 2x4S in the x-maxx. Still maxes out at 100W per channel, so kind of dumb.

That exactly what I wanted was something idiot proof and cheap for my first lipos. They gave me a rundown on how to use it and set up my trucks and all. Very simple especially with using Traxxas batteries with the Traxxas trucks.
Making the jump to Lipo was well worth it. World of difference from my nimh packs.
Only bad thing is the 5800 Lipo they gave me is a little floppy in my trucks. Had to buffer it with some foam.