finally finished

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenman242

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well after a nearly 2 month battle I have finally got this revo to break in stage,just finished the body and set all the end points.
I did originally say it was going to be as close to stock as possible but I did have to change out the dual servo steering in favour of a savox sc-0251 ,fairly run of the mill but for the dollars it a top notch servo.
the hardest part about setting up the radio was the throttle due to the fact I had to modify the linkages of a tekno throttle set to allow the use of the fwd/rev servo and keep it in the throttle box and not use a platinum/slayer set.
for the time being ,while I get it broke in I have mounted up a set of xo1 wheels/tires ,I looks a bit funny atm but I still haven't settled on its full time wheel,tire combo.
anyway heres some pics ,anybody has any questions regarding the transplant including using a trx backplate and pullsatrt on this engine please ask away:D

output_zpsrkcydwne.jpg

output_zpsdajrrscy.jpg

output_zpsdvdtz2og.jpg

Last edited:
Good job Chickenman! I decided to keep the Slayer wheels with a set of Badlands on them, seems to work pretty good in any situation.

Attachments

• r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 287
at the moment I'm tossing up between the badlands or shockwaves ,I'm trying to kurb my spending for a couple of weeks while I get the funds together for the savage octane I have ordered at my lhs ,$1057.00......

might wait a bit for wheels lol

Nice work Chickenman! I guess theres some mods that have to be made to the crankcase before it can fit a Revo or Tmaxx? Keep us up to date on how she performs.

Nice job bud!....hard to beat those badlands man, always liked that engine in the trx rigs

Please don't tell me that's a Losi 3.4 in a dang TRX rig OMG!

Please remove it ASAP!

LOL! Looks sweet man!

Haha I couldn't get over that guy , what a jerk lol.
the main mods to the engine involve the backplate because for some strange reason losi use a different backplate for the spin start and a different one for a pullstart which cost around $50 what a joke.
The trx backplate fits the bore spot on but because the 3.4 has a slightly longer stroke you have to grind a flat spot on the backplate to clear the piston.the only problem with that is it actually puts a hole in the backplate so I put a bit of metal epoxy to fill it , once it dried I sealed it all up with copper rtv.
Hopefully I can start it tomorrow but it's getting a bit cold round here

I have a set of badlands on proline wheels. i had on my revo for about a 1/2 tank of fuel,,,

tank one complete ,for break in I like to use a modified traxxas break in which is basically the same but the first tank is idled .I have found this works best for me as it also allow me to adjust setting without being too far away ,as it was I had to fatten up both needles to maintain around 215-220.
overall so far so good ,took a few tugs and I had to open up the idle a touch to get it to start then drop the idle once it fired up.
on a side note ,I have the trx telemetry fitted up and was curious what the temp difference would be vs my flashpoint and I gotta say the telemetry was close ,only showed about 2 degrees less .one thing I find odd is how it can work out the speed based on rpm ,with the truck idleing it was saying is was doing 14 kph.

I know it's been a while between updates but I finally had sometime to finish breaking in this engine.i have to say the 3.4 is night and day better than the 3.3 it's a shame the 3.4 is being discontinued because I would do this conversion again in a heartbeat.
I had some problems the last time I took this revo out with the starter shafts but that was because I used the losi shaft with the trx backplate but swapped back in the trx shaft problem solved.
There is definitely some potential in this engine just need to get some more run time on her

Great looking Revo!

Is there a big advantage to the Tekno throttle arm vs the stock one?

I never tried it with the stocker but I was told to use the tekno kit because the carb linkage is shorter on the losi plus the tekno one is much smoother ,you could probably use the stock one and shim it up a bit but the you have to fiddle around with the carb to get it to open properly.

I've got the stocker on mine, and just put some bearings in it to be rid of the bushings.
I'll give it good looking at once I get it back together and go from there.

You will have to keep your eye out on ebay they discontinued the tekno kit about 18 months ago

Back