filter this

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cptvkirk

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
I see ssoooo many types of filters out there. different manufacturers different types of foam, different filter material, different size foam etc etc etc. But I can not find any sort of standard to them. I would like to symply get new foam for my factory mount filter, preferably in packs of a zillion, and can't figure out what size i'm looking for. Sure, I know what size filter housing Ihave, but when looking for replacement, I'm getting confused even on Traxxas stuff whether it's the old type foam or the new dual larger filter (which know i have) and simply want a reasonably priced replacement that will fit my car. Doesn't need pre oiled, don't want to pay 50 bucks for a pack of six, i just want a decent filter at a reasonable price. Any help?

I just leaned back to strech out the stress building as i was typing and caught a glimps of my wore out mem foam mattress cover poking from under my not so made bed and thought "hrmmmmm?"

Dont know where you can get them bulk, but motor saver are extremely good

yeah, i agree, motor savor looked like a real good set up, but with the exception of the outer screen, looked identical to the filter set up already on my revo. i guess I'm wondering if they are the same filter size or does each filter manufacturer make their own "special" sized filter so they are NOT interchangeable?

It really doesn't matter the size of the filter IMO, as long as there is enough space for enough air to the engine, and as long as the filter material is dense enough to trap all of the crap in the air.

It really doesn't matter the size of the filter IMO, as long as there is enough space for enough air to the engine, and as long as the filter material is dense enough to trap all of the crap in the air.

LOL...i figured out size doesn't matter much a long time ago. But fit does. I have a traxxas filter housing and don't know what all makes filter foam will fit that housing.

and i mean he is in the desert so he does need something kinda good

too bad it isn't the sand here you would expect. If i can figure out how to post a small vid, I recorded a few seconds of kicking this dirt around with my shoe while working on our track just to give y'all a vis on how bad this crap is....a lot of good it's doing on my hard drive

Back