Favorite Tires?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmfateam

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey just need some opinions on everyone's tire of choice for their truggy. At my local track it seems to be hard packed with little to no loose dirt. Any feedback will help. Thanks.:bandit:

bowties work really well on the bluegroove surface but wear quickly.....soft compound step pin style treads that taper to a thin point will do well too......I preffer regular size MT tires to the 40 series myself....they will give you more grip on harder surfaces since the rim isn't right at the edge of the tires.......

Thank you fish. Ya, I read an article that the oversized aren't really the best for racing.

Bowtie or Crimefighter MT's or MTR's. They are narrower and more for a truggy application. Bowtie's probably on your track. The new MTR's will be coming with a new molded foam as well which is nice. Indoors I like either Hole Shot MTR's or prefer the GRP Cubics. Panther supposedly has a Switch coming out for truggy's in the next couple weeks.

Depends on what truggy your running, if zero offset is OK, the ones suggested are all good, I could add the Nubz, they worked well for me as well.

I like Imex step pins on loose tracks and step dawgs on tigh tracks. With that said I like my truck to feel loose t\which is why I use that combo.

Back