Favorite Electric RC Maker/Manufacture?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hobao is good if you want to get into racing.

Hey guys I am new to the hobby and forum. I currently have a Traxxas Stampede (my sons) and Slash 4x4 (mine). Both currently under repair. I went Traxxas cause it was what was popular in the closest hobby shop near me. And I was a bit impatient and wanted to get into the hobby, so I bought what was available.

I am thinking of purchasing a 3rd car and would like to maybe try a new manufacture. Who do you like and a brief reason why would be nice? Thanks in advance!
If you're looking for an on-road car than you should buy the Arrma Limitless. If you're looking for another off-road car, you can't do better than to get the Arrma Mojave 1/7th scale!

You can never go wrong with tekno, but they are high end and meant for racing more than bashing and like all race-type kits, will be very expensive by the time you get everything required.

https://www.teknorc.com/

Also there's some excellent offerings from Proline but the same as tekno, they are higher end kits and are extremely barebones in the box and can be pricey. But the Fusion SC 4x4 is a great kit as well as their monster truck kits.

https://www.prolineracing.com/
I love Tekno! Their steel driveshafts for the slash 4x4 saved me money in the long run! Arrma is at least as good as Tekno, and the parts are cheaper.

If you shim the diffs the arrma is pretty much bulletproof. all steel axles and center drive shafts, just tough all around

If you shim the diffs the arrma is pretty much bulletproof. all steel axles and center drive shafts, just tough all around
Tell that to the pile of arrma diffs I have from the past year... stupid outcast! I swear, last year with diffs in that thing felt like 15 years ago when I had a big block t-maxx. Seemed to burn the teeth out of one every 3rd bash. I think I went through 6 sets of ring/pinions... if I hadn't put so much money into it, I'd have sold it and tried a tekno.

My Kraton did the same thing. it took awhile to get them right but once I did I have had no problems. My Outcast has never broken anything except the wheely bars from landing on them when I jumped a tree. The Fazon has only had a servo in the diff go bad and I had to put Xduty cvs on it. so I can only say good about them.

Hi guys, any suggestions to update with a new electric motor my old hpi electric..??

Attachments

• E98BB054-E433-48D3-8CDC-5B2A977C415B.jpeg
    E98BB054-E433-48D3-8CDC-5B2A977C415B.jpeg
    325.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 251D8B11-5CE7-4218-9AC5-25777E481167.jpeg
    251D8B11-5CE7-4218-9AC5-25777E481167.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 41
Back