Fastest On road car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Is the 4 tec with the new 2.5 engine the fastest or is there faster?

a3301.JPG

I like the look of this car but is it best?:banana:

Come on anyone?:mad:

Define fastest! Fastest 1/10th scale, in general, what are you comparing fast too? If your wanting to stay with touring cars.

Then HPI has a 1/8th scale touring car (HPI 1/8 Proceed) with a nice .21 I'm sure it would destroy anything the 4 tec could do. Then again, I have never ran either so this is just my own opinion.

-WoodiE

Well mostly like a 1/10 scale I look in to the HPI car you specified

it is all about how much money you want to spend. then any car is the fastest

I would like to spend like 200,250

$200-$250 for the whole thing? Or just the kit? If you're looking for the whole package, the 4-tec may not be a bad choice. It's faster than the Nitro RS4 3. Sorry for all my buds who own one (me included). But I like the HPI better cuz it's easier to find good aftermarket stuff. The Nitro TC3 RTR may not be a bad choice also. If you're willing to go real deep, I would consider the Yokomo GT-4. It's a sweet looking ride. Or perhaps something in the Serpent line. They're closer to race-bred machines.

It's all in what you want. Me? I like my RS4 3. It's simple. Runs great. Awesome to kill big parking lots with. And good for weekend fun running. No complaints here.

Trying to locate the magazine I can't remember I think it was a Serpent but someone has a 70mph car out there that will eat that traxxas car up.. Still you will pay out the nose for it... If you are not looking to race it then the Traxxas car should hall apple sam sam.. Also I thought that traxxas had special edition out at the moment.. x

I Will prolly just go with the traxxas 4 tec with the new 2.5 engine it toped up at 62 MPH and that pretty fast for an R/C car and I have a T-maxx and traxxas seem relible as of now I'm not looking to race but may.

the nitro 4-tec with .15 racing engine is the fasted rtr model in the world. it tops out at 60+ mph.

Actually the fastest would be a tc3, brushless motor, running 10 cells in parralell:classic: thats what I call fast..

hmmmm a eletric tc3 being the fastest touring car? i dont think so. upgraded or not, electric tc3 cannot match the new nitro 4-tec.
I remember a nitro touring car that went 100 mph. but it had like 1000 bucks invested in it or something.

RCCA built a SuperNitro RS4 that topped 101. But they rebuilt the whole thing from the ground up. The article is on their website. And the vid is kinda cool.

kyle, I don't run electric, but if I understand batteries, if you wire them in parallel, you don't increase voltage, but do increase maH rating. Right? So wouldn't that give you only 1.2 volts but some outlandish maH rating? And wouldn't that = no speed? Just asking.....I have been known to be wrong....

I would put a properly setup TC3 (2speed 4wd) against a Traxxas any day. But thats me.

The electric TC 3's have been clocked over 70 many times. Depends on your getup though.

I like the TC3 for all around cost and aftermarket parts.

Fastest? Serpent - Period.

10th scale and roar legal of coarse.........

No your right on that one Candyman. parallel=no jump in voltage.

When your running 10 cells, you aren't worried about getting a little bit more voltage out of them. And I have seen a tc3, 4wd, running a brushless motor and 10 cells(in parallel) clocked at 83 mph. It was a VERY fast car. Think about it, for the money, you can put in 10 cells in series, and a a low turn motor and easily push 60. It actually very cheap to make elctric sedans go fast, unlike nitro cars which require hundreds of dollars to get the speed up. If you are looking for somthing cheap and fast an electic tourer is the way to go, even though you can go faster w/ a nitro.

i have a rs4 nitro with a .21 in it. It's pretty fast... but i have never been able to get it to top out cause of stability issues.... i also have hpi's tallest gear set, which means it could hit about 75 mph.

actually schumaker racing makes a touring car that will top out about 80 mph but will run about $400 I'm not sure if that is RTR or a Kit

Back