Fastest 1/8 buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

ricky

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a typhon tlr that I use for street bashing handles really good and tops out at 85mph and I can run all day long with out overheating anything now I’m trying to find a nitro 1/8 buggy with similar performance doesn’t matter if it’s RTR or if I have to build it I’ve been trying to do research and I’ve had no luck any ideas would help just trying to build a very fast nitro buggy

tudordewolf

RCNT Qualifier
Reaction score
If you put the 2-speed transmission from the Kyosho Inferno GT into a buggy, with a powerful big block like an 8-port Sh.28 you'll probably be pushing what's achievable with currently available parts.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
It's not 1/8 but if you want fast nitro rc you can't get wrong with Traxxas jato
I'll second that. My Jato is so fast it disintegrated every time I drove it 😂

It's a seriously fast rig, and hella fun!
20210908_184937.jpg

johnnydmd

Beer drinker and hell racer
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Jato's are a great little car for sure. Put a big block in one, and you'll be pushing similar numbers, or even a quality OS or Nova small block, switch to the 53 tooth spur to get more top end (I think stock is 57).

EJMOPAR70

RCNT Basher
Reaction score
Hello
I have been thinking of getting a Jato. What O.S. motor fits in the jato? I saw the tmaxx and reviews TM suppose it would fit. But it's almost $300. Or is there a SH that might drop i?

Bogda89

RCNT Qualifier
Reaction score
Hello
I have been thinking of getting a Jato. What O.S. motor fits in the jato? I saw the tmaxx and reviews TM suppose it would fit. But it's almost $300. Or is there a SH that might drop i?
The only os motor that is a direct fit is 21tm. But it's not a significant upgrade over stock. There is a guy on YouTube who tested JATO with stock 3.3 and os 21tm and os was 4 miles an hour slower