Fastest 1/8 buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a typhon tlr that I use for street bashing handles really good and tops out at 85mph and I can run all day long with out overheating anything now I’m trying to find a nitro 1/8 buggy with similar performance doesn’t matter if it’s RTR or if I have to build it I’ve been trying to do research and I’ve had no luck any ideas would help just trying to build a very fast nitro buggy

If you put the 2-speed transmission from the Kyosho Inferno GT into a buggy, with a powerful big block like an 8-port Sh.28 you'll probably be pushing what's achievable with currently available parts.

It's not 1/8 but if you want fast nitro rc you can't get wrong with Traxxas jato
I'll second that. My Jato is so fast it disintegrated every time I drove it 😂

It's a seriously fast rig, and hella fun!
20210908_184937.jpg

Jato's are a great little car for sure. Put a big block in one, and you'll be pushing similar numbers, or even a quality OS or Nova small block, switch to the 53 tooth spur to get more top end (I think stock is 57).

Hello
I have been thinking of getting a Jato. What O.S. motor fits in the jato? I saw the tmaxx and reviews TM suppose it would fit. But it's almost $300. Or is there a SH that might drop i?

Hello
I have been thinking of getting a Jato. What O.S. motor fits in the jato? I saw the tmaxx and reviews TM suppose it would fit. But it's almost $300. Or is there a SH that might drop i?
The only os motor that is a direct fit is 21tm. But it's not a significant upgrade over stock. There is a guy on YouTube who tested JATO with stock 3.3 and os 21tm and os was 4 miles an hour slower

Back