FastEddys New Toy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
Getting a New Maxx today.
They are all on back order here, but the Owner of my LHS is selling me the 1 he just got in today. His list is 19 people long.
See, it pays to do lots of cash biz at your LHS.

You can look forward to lots of pics and video from me. :D

nice- I wish I had a LHS close to me, the only one is Hobbytown USA....blech. I think I did find one within an hours drive that looks promising. Nothing beats a GOOD LHS :cool:

way to go fasteddy!!!! have some fun for me with it!

Man, this bites. I'm totally stoked for you Eddy. But now I want one. Every time I read about one of you lucky stiffs getting a new one, I think about just getting one. But I just got my Maxx dialed in. Ported the TRX. New AE/Duratrax exhaust. Is it really worth getting the new one and having 2? Is that a stupid question?

Anyway, Congrats Eddy. Gotta give us a thorough review when you get the time....

If anyone else needs one, let me know, my LHS has at least 3 in stock right now. He will ship just about anywhere.

-Chris

Eddy - Fire that beast up! Get the camera rolling! And burn em out! I'm jealous! I did however pickup new bearring and Dynamite Diff cases today ;)

Believe it or not, I wore my old Maxx out.
I drive my Maxx for at least 1 hour a day. My last one went through 4 engines and had only 2 original parts left on it from the original truck. My have to have list includes new MIP CVD all the way around and front and back drive axels, Tires and wheels, Turnbuckles, and a chassis. Add it up and you have to come to the same conclusion I did, Get a new one….

The first things I will do are:
Fuel Filter
Steering Servo
Battery Pack.
Skid Plates.
All of these items will be looted from my old Maxx.
Can’t stand it any longer I’ve got to go get it NOW…..

you are toooooooooooo lucky!!!!!
Don't be skimpy in the vids now we gotta see......

-Maxx

I wish I could beat FastEddy with the videos, but it looks like it's not gonna happen. I'm only a few tanks into my break-in and I don't expect to find time to finish up break-in and tuning until this weekend. I did manage to get a fuel filter installed on mine after the first few tanks. I could see it was necessary. I had little bits of crud in my filling bottle after I filled.

My HSN was only 3 1/2 turns out straight out of the box. I increased it to 3 3/4 turns during my first tank. I thought it was supposed to have been 4 turns out fresh out of the box.

Man when I saw this post I thought this is what I was gonna see as fast eddys new toy
loveewephoto3.jpg

Here the link X

Originally posted by nitro dave
nice- I wish I had a LHS close to me, the only one is Hobbytown USA....blech. I think I did find one within an hours drive that looks promising. Nothing beats a GOOD LHS :cool:
Hobbytown is a great place to get higher priced stuff that you can find cheaper and advise that contradicts itself depending on who you talk to.

Eddy, how do you like it overall? Does it roll like a log?

Looks like a Maxx, Smells like a Maxx Drives like a Maxx.
Has a bunch more power than my OS CVR- or Fantom.
If you have an old Maxx hang a bit and just get the 2.5, no need to get the whole thing.

Same,
When I got it I put all new shielded bearings in it.
Otherwise its near the same.

Mine did it while driving and not turning. Ha. Stupid curb got in the way when I looked away. Continued on over to do 360. Didn't have to go rescue it. Didn't even get break-in finished and I lost a body clip. You'd think that thing would be easy to spot on asphalt, but no.

Originally posted by El Pirata
I was thinking rolling as in while driving and turning.

I never really found turning away too much of a problem for my T-Maxx but for my RS 4 it can be a major problem.

In the areas that you drive, where BMWs hunt for RCs, I would think that you need to hawk their every move to make sure that they don't fall prey to that evil hunter of the small cars...;)

Not to mention that your driving skills SUCK...:D

That too but if the woder wheel base could turn on a dime like my RS4 I can avoid the accident like I had.

Back