*&@! Faskolor!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4u2nv

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I had finally finished up a body I have been painting up for RevoMe last Thursday. I had over 11 hours of paint time on this body and some of what I think was some of my best detailed work. Anyway, last thursday I finally finsihed spraying the last final touches of it. I used all pactra paints with NO problems once so ever. After getting done I went to back it and relized I was out of Pactra black backer. So scrounging around threw my paints all I could find was some Faskolor Faskoat back.. Faskolor left such a sour taste in my mouth the last time I used it (not literally) that I really didnt want to use it, but knew RevoMe was expecting the body soon. I also figured, "its just a backer, whats the worste that can happen"... So I sprayed the backer and it looked to lay out nicely. I left in on my kitchen counter overnight so it could thurely dry for shipping the next day . Today I wake up and had planned to package it up and get it out. While washing my hands I looked at it and noticed a weird peel mark in the middle of the shark (It was a shark theme. Had a shark on each size, and skark jaw skull on the hood. With bubbles, light shades and all that..) anyway I pick it up and here there little crispy chips flaking off of it and the paint looks like elephant skin or REALLY chapped lips and is all peely. My folks borrowed my digi camera and I can't figure out how to upload my pics of my phone, otherwise Id post a pic, but can anyone explain why this might have happened?? I have a moisture trap, the temps in my house are low 70's upper 60's, the faskoat was shook good.. I have no idea. Like I told Revo, Fakolor WILL hear about this. There stuff is JUNK and I will NEVER buy it again. Infact all the faskolor I had on my shelf is already in the garbage. I've painted the past 3-4 bodies with Pactra and had ZERO problems. Each paintjob got easier and better as I went..
(Revo, lemme know what ya wanna do man. A refund or I can repaint it, your choice.)

It REALLY sucks. Wost thing is, it went to the paint and cracked that up as well. If it was just the backer, a person could just paint over it, but now it would go threw to the paint cracks.. I emailed FasKrap to let them know about my experiances with them, so I guess Ill see what they say. I'm not expecting to much from them. I did tell them to rule out it being a unclean surface and also a water trap because I knew they wouldnt want to take responcibilty of the paint being crap.. So we'll see.. 11+ hours down the drain because of some crappy paint..grrr!
What else could have caused this?? Does this stuff age? I havnt used any of my faskolors in a good 3-4 months, so thats all I can think of.

Andy, I have responded to this per PM, lets keep it simple& without a big wave. I ordered another body somewhere else, and will attempt this again someday.

Last edited:
DAMN DUDE! I feel your pain :( I HATE IT when its not your fault and the paint just f's up. I'm usually ok with Faskolor Black, White and FLO's but with any company's "backer, window tint, shadow, etc" just either eats through your beautiful paint, or comes out bad. I would really be interested on seeing your paintjob anyway though!

I wont post pics of it without Revos permission. Its a special theme to him and wouldnt want any duplicates before he got his.

But yeah its really pisses me off. Its like it etched into the paint and when it cracked, it peeled the paint back as well.. If I could, Id make parma buy me a new body AND reimburse me for the pactra paint I lost due to there crap.. I aint holding my breathe.

What else could have caused this??

They are made by two different companies, and obviously are not compatible. If they dry at different rates, that accounts for the crackling...shrinkage.
It's like using shellac on wood, and then latex paint. It crackles and looks like a jig saw puzzle.

Any warranty is ONLY replacement of a bottle if it's found to be defective.
It's a hard lesson, but NEVER mix specialty paints.

I figured since both waterbased, and both lexan paint, it shouldnt be a problem.. Live and learn I guess. I still wont buy there crap. I can gurantee that if I would have painted it all in faskolor and backed it with pactra it would have worked fine..

Thanks for your response to my pm, glad we could work it out!
JJ

no worries..

One of my local hobby shops went out of business a few years ago, and during their closeout I bought a couple of grand worth of parts and supplies.
Among them, about 50 bottles of Fascolor paints. I also got about 10 bottles of clear, since I use so much of it to float glitters on the first coat.
All the colors are still in perfectly good condition, but ALL the bottles of clear turned to stone and had to be tossed.
I've NEVER taken a chance and mixed brands, and so far I've been very pleased with the results of Fascolor.

That is strange. I recently backed Spaz Stix lacquer and Pactra Acrylic with Createx (Faskolor) water based and I did not have any problems.

It's a hard lesson, but NEVER mix specialty paints.

Rolex, mixing the two different manufacturers paints would not have caused that. I used Mostly Pactra Acryl, Parma, and Spaz Stix Chrome all on Monkey Wrenches Sponge Bob lid, then backed it all with Pactra white, and backed that with Faskoat, and had no issues at all. I would have had a serious meltdown if that had happened to the Sponge Bob lid, I lost count of how many hours I had in that lid!

Last edited:
Then at this point, I can only guess that there was a problem with the paint, or the drying time went too fast, shrinking it. Too much humidity? Too dry?
Either way, it's a MAJOR bummer. Any other suggestions, anyone? I just don't want this to happen to anyone else.

I thinking that maybe the paint was to old or something. We have 2 de-humidifiers in my house (2 people with arthritis), so the humidity level is pretty low. It was the same conditions as when I painted the pactra stuff and I had no problems with that at all. Everything laid out real nice. Even the faskoat laid out nice, but then dried like oatmeal flakes.. I've had the bottle of paint for a few months and it sat on my shelf half full. I shook it good before use, but I dunno. I havnt seen anything like it.

Heres Parma's reply and also the letter I sent..

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 11:57 PM
Subject: ??

I have had NOTHING but problems with Faskolor paint. Today I painted a body with all pactra paint. (Thats all I use now) but ran out of backer, so I had to use some poopy faskoat that I had. I sprayed that on, and now the paint looks like elephant skin and is all flakey. Can you explain to me why the dozens of bodies I have painted with Pactra I have had ZERO problems with, but when I use fakolor even as just a backer, it gives me problems?? Its ruined my whole paint job that I had over 11 hours invested in.. Now I know your going to ask if I have a water trap? and yes I do. The surface was also cleaned very well. The pactra paint stuck fine. It just comes down to a inferior product which just works like crap. Any reasons why this would do this??

There reply I got today:
I think if you have better luck with Pactra paint you should use only that.

No offense man, because I can't even begin to understand how antagonizing you're situation must be. But if I was getting a letter written like that, I would respond that way as well.

I can understand you're angry, but you're never gonna get anything from them with vinegar. I know if that happened to me, I would be punching holes in the walls, and probably need a new keyboard and mouse too.

I didnt even expect a reply. I also didnt expect them to do anything about it. Thats why I wrote it the way I did to let them know how upset I was.. I just thought the reply was funny and very unprofessional. (but more funny). My guess would be with the product Faskolor is, they get at least one of these emails daily.

Man, I feel your pain, having a paintjob ruined by a poopy or old product really sucks, it's happened to me too. But I'm with Neobart, had I gotten that email from you, I would have responded the same way.

lol.. Yeah I was a little harsh, but I wanted them to know I was VERY pissed off and fed up with there products. I think I made my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.