fantom works tuned pipe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxracer

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
has anyone used or heard anything about the fantom works pipe. I bought this pipe for my revo and it has INSANE power but I can't get a good tune on the truck. It runs like TOTAL DOGS**T. If I put the stock pipe back on it runs like a champ. Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know your experience with rc's so don't feel bad if I tell you something that you know.

You will have to re tune the engine when you install a new pipe.
Was is it doing?
Very smokey? Lots of fuel from the pipe?
Or no smoke, no oil?

LMK.

I've tried to retune but the truck is sputtering bad at 1/4 throttle and will shut off. It wont idle at all. If I reinstall my stock pipe and retune it runs great. An airleak seems impossible if the truck runs fine after reinstalling the stock pipe dont you think? I'm not the best tuner in the world but should I being going richer or leaner with the works pipe installed?

Sputtering, you mean spitting fuel?

I mean the engine is cutting in and out. it acts real sluggish. I've leaned it up and it doesn't get any better.

It's probably toooo lean. Richen it up!

I've tried to richen it up its real slow to respond. I'm only turning the needles 1/16 at a time. so I dont think I'm over doing it. I've never had a pipe cause so much trouble. I've had the trinity pipe,rd logics pipe and the vantage CF pipe and had no problems getting a good tune. what do u think is so different about this one?

I don't know for sure.

I had it on one of my on road cars and it was kick ass.
A bad hit in the side took care of that pipe. A real bad hit.
Never had a tuning issue either.

Was it brand new??

well it supposedly was used for a couple tanks of fuel. so no it wasn't new. do u think something could be wrong with it. can a pipe go bad?

Try blasting some nitro cleaner in there. (off the car of course).

It could have some oil loaded up in it, but I doubt it.

I think it's tuning.

Ill try that! If it doesn't work Ill just try to keep tuning until I get it right!! cause I sure dont want to give up the pipe. Thanks alot for your help!!!

Also check around the nipple .. Mine leaked a bit, but it didn't cause any tuning problems.

Back