Fantom 27

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUGNOUT

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm thinking of getting one of these for my HYPER 7, the OS RG was good to start out with but I need more power and speed. I've found the engine online but am curious if it comes with a turbo head installed or standard? I thought I read somewhere that the standard head is optional? Also what glow plug is recommended whether it be turbo or standard...thanks

I would recommend you stay away from the Fantom, as two people I know have had trouble with it within a very short time. If you want an inexspencive motor with a lot of power, try the sportwerks .26. It has a ton of torque down low, great acceleration and very good topspeed. I know 1st hand, as I own that motor, and several hi-end motors (p5,Maxpower M5, Crono RS3, REX .28,8 port,etc).

I didnt know about the problems, I'm glad I was made aware before I went ahead with the purchase. Your actually the second person to recommend the Sportwerks 26, I might look into that engine now..thanks again.

Sportwerks or the mach. The mach comes bumpstart also. So if you have the pcr...
ISnt the mach and sportwerks the same thing?

PiErow said:
Sportwerks or the mach. The mach comes bumpstart also. So if you have the pcr...
ISnt the mach and sportwerks the same thing?

I'm running the mach 26 in my savage and I love it, the engine has great torque and a sweet topend. I believe the only difference in the engines are the carb and cooling head if I'm not mistaken. I do have the PCR H7, but I want to stick with a PS engine.

I've had 2 fantom .27s and the second one went bad real quick but Fantom is warranty-ing it....it is ballistic but you have to take care of it like it was one of those hogh fallutin rich boy engines.....it turns more RPMs (43,000) than most .21s and pulls 2.9HP.....it is just plain SICK power.....I have one in my truggy and it's crazy too....

.26 Mayhem motor has more power than the LST motor, IINM.

I recommend the .26 Sportwerks motor too. It holds a tune, makes great power, idles well, and runs cool on 20% nitro. I believe that they can be purchased with bump start or pull starter. My Mayhem came with this engine and it has a rotostart on it which is cool. It's cheap, too, like around $130 or so.

Back