Family fun ends in tragedy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frickenjoey

Official RCNT Cyber-Bully
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So it was a nice day out, I figured take my 4 year old daughter out in the back yard for a little RC fun. She love the electrics...especially my AX-10. Of course as any father would I love to teach her to drive because she has soooo much fun with it.
SS100396.jpg

Well we played around in the back yard and on the rocks I have back there and decided to drive around the house to the front yard. She did very well for a girl her age driving....of course a lot of back and forth but she is getting better. We went right by our parking spots in front of our house. That is when it happened.....she and the truck ran out in to the middle of the parking area. I told her to watch out what she was doing because there was a car coming........maybe she heard me and maybe she didn't. But the next thing I know she runs it full on to the lamp post on the edge of out yard.....it tried to climb/ramp/flip........the pole.....

SS100397.jpg

It didn't work so well.....sigh so now I get to go parts shopping! So one shock, and an upper link Y-bracket. As far as crashes go not to expensive but it was kinda funny. So we bring it back in and my wife Lorna asked my daughter if she had broke it. She just looked at her and said "No mom I didn't break it, it broke its self. I was just driving it." Oh boy....nice logic kid. The entire time I just had to keep from laughing. Little knuckle head.

SS100398.gif

SOOOOO I guess now she gets to learn how to fix one too......good times.:D

Eh, it could be worse, it doesn't look to have damaged the axle or the chassis, should be an easy fix. Might be a good opportunity to look at 4-linking the rear, thos 3-link mounts are a bit on the fragile side.

Oh, I was not too worried about it actually, a few quid and she will be back up in a jiff....... other than my favorite RC down for a bit it was funny. I noticed the three link broke pretty easy....but that is all a part of it. Fix, Play, break...repeat.

Hard to be mad at a little cutie like her, nice rig too!

when reading the story, i just knew it got ran over by the car you mentioned was coming in the lot... i was like "oh crap!"

looks like you got away pretty good, way to start um young!

You could replace the plastic 3 link mount with an aluminum one.
http://eastendmachining.com/stupsulimo3l3.html

Let me know what stock parts you need, like for the shocks. I have a few kits that I basically pulled the axles and tranny out of and all the rest is there. Let me know what parts you need, and I'll send them to you free of charge if you decide to start shopping with us.

It does my heart good to see them starting out so young. When I was her age, if Dad was doing it, I was doing it. We were best friends until I lost him a few years ago, and nothing will ever replace the memories like the ones that you guys are now sharing.

man i was also sure that it was gonna get ran over or something lol, still sucks though you never want to see a good crawler broken.

^^^sorry my bad lol, now i feel like a hater lol. on the bright side FrickenJoey this does give u a reason to upgrade certain parts.

Never to early to instill the "drive it like you stole it" philosophy!

i just got a question, why doesn't your shocks have springs on them? i dont really know anything about crawlers, so i was curious.

great looking little girl by the way!

Mattyfats, in a full sroop suspension the springs are inside the shock body under the piston that's on the shock shaft.

I thought a full droop set-up had no springs at all,where as a semi droop has the springs inside?

Full droop has the springs under the pistons, semi droop has the springs on top and bottom of the piston. There is a lot of confusion on this, and I am by no means a crawling veteran. But I finally shot some of the veterans on another forum some PM's, and this is how all three of them explained it to me.

"No mom I didn't break it, it broke its self. I was just driving it."

sounds like shes got the right idea for 4 yrs old. i think she ll make a great politician.

Plausable Denyability, isnt that what its all about!
lmao
T

wow, i keep learning something new everyday from here. always keeps me coming back lol

thanks charlie. i was really baffled by that

sounds like shes got the right idea for 4 yrs old. i think she ll make a great politician.Plausable Denyability, isnt that what its all about! lmaoT
Yes very true....she is good. Comes up with some good ones for a 4 year old.....I am soooo in trouble in 10-15 years.

Charlie is correct I had it set-up as a semi droop. Worked good for the time that is did....lol. Oh yeah I need to get some parts from ya Charlie....I'll shoot you a PM when I get the chance.

Back