failsafe?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSPGuy2190

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
iv been told i need one ...

can sumone link me to a good one , cuz i wouldnt know :\

Most new 2.4ghz radios and receivers have one built in. The HPI TF-40 and the Traxxas TQI also Futabas and the Spectrum DX3 series all do. But without buying a new radio system the OFNA failsafe listed above works fine. Also its definitely a needed item unless you enjoy your rig running away from you out of control when the signal is lost.

Agreed, if it is an older or basic RTR without one, you need an add on one. My newer 2.4 gear has it built into the radio, but for my older Savy S25 and my RS4 Evo I use the Ofna one. Nice and compact and works great...

HTH...
Mark

Most are $20 or so, add another $20 and hit up ebay for a 2.4ghz radio system, most all of them have built in failsafes.

I'm using the newer Ofna/Hong Nor TX/RX that can be had for right about $40 shipped fron ebay.
Just search "Ofna 2.4" and it should bring up a bunch.
I have also heard good things about the HPI TF-40 2.4ghz radio system and it's in the same $40 range.

Yes, upgrading to a 2.4 radio certainly helps. I have the HPI TF-40 with my Vaughn Gittin E10 Mustang drifter. Only down side is I've not been able to verify who makes it for them (like their old Airtronics gear) and if it has multi-memory support (as I have 11 vehicles)...

Mark

11 vehicles!!! i can't keep up with maintenance on 3!!

Only 11? I've got 12 cars/trucks and 4 aircraft. And yes, it IS a lot of work and a lot of fun.

Another piece of cheap insurance for nitro cars is a good throttle return spring. It should be heavy enough that if the radio is turned off, the spring will override the throttle servo and pull the throttle back to idle.

Another piece of cheap insurance for nitro cars is a good throttle return spring. It should be heavy enough that if the radio is turned off, the spring will override the throttle servo and pull the throttle back to idle.

:thumbs-up:No Nitro RC should run without one in working order...

Yep, probably one of the first things I bought at the hobby store ten years ago when I got my first nitro was a return spring. Can't remember the brand, but had a little metal tab to secure one end to the chassis and the other end loops around the servo linkage.

As for my R/C "addiction", I don't even have a short course or buggy (yet!). Nor a 5th scale. Some day. I actually bought a 10x16 shed for the backyard I'm currently outfitting with electrical, drywalling, and A/C for my R/C workshop. My garage is a mess with R/C stuff everywhere right now and I need to get organized, so I got the shed/workshop in progress.

I believe almost all 2.4 ghz systems have it.. On my savages stock radio and receiver i can even just turn the radio off while idling and nothing will happen, no twitching or throttle movement.

How ever failsafe is just that little thing you can get for cheap that ensures you 100% that if some how something can interfere your fail safe will over ride and keep the truck/car/truggy/buggy/stadium etc etc under control.

Yep, probably one of the first things I bought at the hobby store ten years ago when I got my first nitro was a return spring. Can't remember the brand, but had a little metal tab to secure one end to the chassis and the other end loops around the servo linkage.

Team AE p/n 7562 return spring comes with the small metal tab like you said.

the ofna one doesn't work with 2.4ghz radios.... works perfect for the old am/fm radios

Theres one built into the controller but yeah dnt get it lol

---------- Post added at 5:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 5:43 AM ----------

I could set it up but ill buy one instead