EzRun Max10 any good?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Been looking for a new motor and esc for my traxxas slash my VXL-3S is probally on its last legs so I've found the hobbywing ezrun max10 need a few questions awnsered
Is it waterproof?
Top Speed on 2s lipo?
Is the connecter a T-Plug?

You will need to soldered on your connections
Gearing depends on kv and Gearing. Couldn't get a definite answer on that particular question.
It's waterproof... 😉 hopefully answer your questions.

The Max 10 is a great speed control. I run one in a 2wd Slash and it drastically out performs the factory Traxxas system. More power and it doesn't overheat when you run 3s like the Traxxas system. They do claim it will handle 4s but I wouldn't.

Is your slash 2 or 4wd?

I gear somewhat conservatively and get about 35mph top speed and can run it all day without temp issues. I have geared it for higher speed and if memory serves, 50-60mph is a reasonable expectation but you have to watch the temps.

It is waterproof, not submersible. They should advertise them as water resistant, not waterproof.

Castle Creations also makes a great sct combo for a little more money. Definately more power but the hobbywing stuff seems a lot smoother.

I run an older Castle Mamba max pro esc and castle 2400kv in a 4wd slash and on 3s, I've hit just over 70 before the air overcomes the vehicle weight and sends it airborn :D. With a different body and some suspension adjustments, it would likely hit 80mph or better.

Keep in mind, my statements are based on my own experience with my own cars and are just opinions. YMMV.

Thanks @Mrgoodwrench35 I've got the 2WD its set for offroad at this current time but soon to be converted into a street car with alot inspo from the infraction or i might keep it offroad and buy a cheap used chassis

The Max 10 is a great speed control. I run one in a 2wd Slash and it drastically out performs the factory Traxxas system. More power and it doesn't overheat when you run 3s like the Traxxas system. They do claim it will handle 4s but I wouldn't.

Is your slash 2 or 4wd?

I gear somewhat conservatively and get about 35mph top speed and can run it all day without temp issues. I have geared it for higher speed and if memory serves, 50-60mph is a reasonable expectation but you have to watch the temps.

It is waterproof, not submersible. They should advertise them as water resistant, not waterproof.

Castle Creations also makes a great sct combo for a little more money. Definately more power but the hobbywing stuff seems a lot smoother.

I run an older Castle Mamba max pro esc and castle 2400kv in a 4wd slash and on 3s, I've hit just over 70 before the air overcomes the vehicle weight and sends it airborn :D. With a different body and some suspension adjustments, it would likely hit 80mph or better.

Keep in mind, my statements are based on my own experience with my own cars and are just opinions. YMMV.
Only the Max10 SCT can handle 4s.

If running 3s, switch to EC5/XT90, Deans can sometimes get melty on 3s.

Only the Max10 SCT can handle 4s.

If running 3s, switch to EC5/XT90, Deans can sometimes get melty on 3s.
Yes and no.
The Max10 SCT 80a RTR can only run on 3s.
Their are 3 different versions of the Max10 SCT that I am aware of, the Max10 SCT 120a, the Max10 SCT 120a RTR and the afore mentioned Max10 SCT 80a RTR. The only difference between the 2 120a version is the RTR version does not include the temp port for the motor.

The max10 sct is pretty decent. I ran one in my stampede 4x4 with the 3660sl motor. It ran hot for the gearing I wanted and I ended up going with 1/8th motor/esc in it. I moved the max10 sct to my e-jato that I converted and run a 3665/3100kv off it on 3S. It's stupid quick and runs very cool in it. I tried 4S in it... that didn't end well. lol! The motor/esc was fine, but the truck was ballistic. I didn't regear to accommodate the 4S pack, just wanted to run it a bit on 4S to see if I needed to buy more 3S packs specificly for the ejato or if I could run the 4S packs I now run in my slashpede 4x4... I just bought a couple 3s packs as that's plenty for that truck.

Back