EZ Start wand problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure its not the problem, but just the other day I was not able to start my truck just like yours. The motor would turn and none of the 2 glow plugs I tried would light up. Althought the Motor light was lit up and turning, it ending up being a low battery in the EZ start.

Not batteries. Already tried that

---------- Post added at 2:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 2:46 AM ----------

Capacitor aloes it to flow through at a certain rate. So that it goes not higher so that the glow plug doesn't blow. I'm guessing something fudged up cuz the wand knows there's a circuit being connected but it doesn't glow. Tech can fill in the gaps there :p

If I can get a replacement of both the yellow thing and the capacitor then I'll just replace them both

well just called jaycar and they only have a 14pin or something when i gave them the number lm358n. anywhere else in australia preferably brisbane i can find these kinda parts?

Damn. I thought we were getting somewhere too.

lol yeh same. i had a quick squiz on the net and a few other ppl say that fixes the or a problem with the glow plug heater. I'm looking forward to setting up pull start i think. from what iv seen/heard its a lot better

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner man. I was enticed away from my workbench, by an offer of filthy wenches and copious amounts of alcohol.:D

Ill write a up a diag process for you, but it might take me a day or two, as I have to fit this around other projects and my studies. At this rate, I should have it done by christmas :hehe:

---------- Post added at 3:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:07 PM ----------

You guys are on the right track though. Its usually caps and diodes that cause issues. Dont rule out the resistors though.

Back soon...

thats cool. I'm going to put it to the side for now anyway

the problem i had with mine was the wires got pushed back inside the controller.
look at the tip of the easy start and see if the the blue wire got pushed inside the wand

i have seen at least a dozen of these do that

b5e5741c.jpg

7db85fd7.jpg

blue is glow plug and yellow is earth.

You know the black 8 pin chip on this board, is that the lm358 chip? Does it say anything on it?

I google image an lm358 chip and it showed one that looked the same. Their operational amplifiers and it's how the voltage is stepped down for the glow plug.

my solution the the LM358N chip...
1aa3c2e7.jpg