exhaust question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinestars199

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i have the stock plastic pipe on my 4.6 would puting the hpi pipe that comes on the savage xl make a big performance difference? And also do u guys reccomend a different pipe?

I bought the xl pipe for my x and it seems to do nicely.. i didnt notice much of a difference in performance really..but it sounds awesome.. really nice having an aluminum pipe i love it.. There are alot of different pipes out there but if your on a budget the HPI tuned pipe is best choice.. i got mine bran new for 15 bucks.. i think you can too if you look on ebay.

I put the hpi ribbed pipe on my savage, haven't got to fire it up yet, still have other changes in mind. but i've heard the ribbed pipe is a a little louder but makes good overall performance, which is why i picked it. but imo a good tuned pipe is a good investment, you can pick a hpi tuned pipe up on e-bay pretty reasonable from someone who parts out savages. hope this helps!

If your looking for performance, one of my pipes will give a substantial gain over the rtr pipes, a night and day difference according to my customers. They cost a bit more but will outlast any aluminum pipe ten fold, the fusion tig welding is also guaranteed for life and each one is built to your spec.