Exhaust deflectors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoomer

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well after a GREAT weekend of bashing, I have come to discover that on the Savage 25, exhaust deflectors are needed. I am currently running without one, and I have noticed that my brake disk has some oil residue on it, and my back right part of the truck is filthy with oil and dirt build up. Anyone willing to donate an exhuast deflector to a needy filthy savage owner. Or atleast recommend one that is good, and wont affect performance.

Thanx!

Last edited:
I have a T-maxx and used the Ofna deflector and worked very well. Except when I was bashing it broke off. So have a couple with ya. They run like $3-$4 for a pair.

Zoomer said:
Well after a GREAT weekend of bashing, I have come to discover that on the Savage 25, exhaust deflectors are needed. I am currently running without one, and I have noticed that my brake disk has some oil residue on it, and my back right part of the truck is filthy with oil and dirt build up. Anyone willing to donate an exhuast deflector to a need filthy savage owner. Or atleast recommend one that is good, and wont affect performance.

Thanx!

I have a used Dubro one you can have. PM me your address and donate $3 to RCNT and it's yours.

What you can do is go to your local automoive store and pick up an overflow hose. The hose that goes from your radiator cap to the overflow tank. Bring your pipe and look for one that has the right diameter. Cut to fit and cinch it down with a zip tie. It'll last longer and is more durable than the rubber ones that dubro makes. This is what I used for the longest time when just running my r/c in the park, up until I started racing and decided to just run without it since it kept coming off from minor rubs with competitors. A usual length is about 2 feet and costs the same as a 2 pack of dubro extentions.

good info diver, i know i have plenty of automotive hose sitting around from my other toys.

I've used ones by GS for a few years now and they last forever. I've had the same one on my Savy for the last two years.

I just use a piece of silicone tube. Works great and it's very flexible.

Attachments

• tube.JPG
    tube.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 72
i put a brand new one on today went out back bashing (i have a nice dirt bashing ground) ripped that joker off within 3 tanks. i have another one we'll see how it works out.

m_podt said:
I just use a piece of silicone tube. Works great and it's very flexible.

Good Idea. I use the same thing.

Just make sure you dont make it too long. It can change the performance of the engine.

Back